1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What big rides the pine when Yao comes back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Nov 23, 2010.

?

What big rides the pine when Yao comes back?

Poll closed Jan 31, 2011.
  1. Chuck Hayes

78 vote(s)
    44.8%
  2. Brad Miller

44 vote(s)
    25.3%
  3. Jordan Hill

52 vote(s)
    29.9%
  1. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

It should be Hayes, but most likely it will be Jordan Hill, unless in the games before Yao returns he becomes either a defensive or offensive juggernaut.

2. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

None right now... With Yao's limited role their really isn't any reason to put any of them on the pine currently. But after last night I think Hayes has catapulted himself ahead of all other backup centers. I would like to see him start at center until yao comes back. He is clearly our best defensive center out of the 3.

As for Hill I would like to see him get a shot as back up for Scola. ANd then see both Miller and Hill play Center under different situations.

3. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Hill is a defensive liability, he's young and has a lot to learn. He has a ton of talent but still needs to work on his defense.

Until he learns how to truly protect the paint and staying in front of his man, he should be behind Chuck and Miller.

This team need defense and Chuck is better at that than anyone. You won't get a lot of highlight blocks or dunks but you'll get a player that makes this team tough.

Miller as well has been around the block a few( ahh many times), and is not new to this system. His experience and leadership abilities should be utilized.

I haven't given up on this season and until then we need defense, experience and leadership. So I'd have Chuck at the start and end of games. Miller off the bench and Hill off the pine.

Hill has lots of positives, but we want to win now. No more learning curves.

4. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Best answer

5. BradMiller

BradMiller Member

You want muffin?
    [​IMG]

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Thanks All i'll take that with my
    [​IMG]

7. cml750

cml750 Member

Hopefully Yao. I have grown tired of our big man who can't stay healthy. Time to cut the ties with this guy!!!!

8. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

Yao is not coming back. Anyone here old enough to remember Manute Bol? ....yeah