1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are your trade deadline predictions?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by withmustard, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

i think the best trade partner would be Utah Jazz
    Kanter and Favors needs PT and they'd move Jefferson if they can't get in playoffs by the deadline. also there's a rumor that they try to move Harris last month. i think they'd move those two for our same package for Gasol:

K-Mart + Scola + Dragic + NY's 1st pick for Jefferson + Harris + Bell

Utah's lineup: (Martin, Dragic, and Scola all excels in Jazz' pick n' roll system)

Favors, Kanter
    Millsap, Scola
    Hayward, Howard, Miles
    Martin, Burks
    Dragic, Watson, Tinsley

other possibilities are Kaman, Batum, and D-Will
    considering Lowry's contract v.s. D-Will's i really think we should keep Kyle and use that money for a star at other position, especially 3 or 5

i'd give Patterson + C-Bud for Batum (playing behind Wallace and didn't get an extension)
    i don't know what's N.O.'s asking price for Kaman, probably expiring contracts, young talent and picks
    our 2009 bust collections all has expiring contracts, with Hill and T-Will still has hope to be rotation players in this league. the only picks i'd give up for 1/2 season rental of Kaman is Miny's 2nd rd. pick that we aquaired last summer. if Morey can be sure we can re-sign Kaman then maybe even Motiejunas

Miny's 2nd pick and/or Motiejunas + Expirings: T-Will/Hill/Flynn/Thabeet for Kaman

Rockets lineup:

Kaman, Dalembert, Smith
    Jefferson, Morris
    Batum, Parsons
    Lee, Bell
    Lowry, Harris

Batum has all-star potential; Jefferson will be an all-star again under Mchale; Harris will be our Jason Terry/James Hardan off bench; we'd be a contender instantly
    what's good is all the above trades will NOT effect our ability to offer a max contract to an all-star FA this summer, i.e. Howard/Hibbert

2. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Id love the Batum part...
    idk about sinking that much capspace into Al Jefferson
    and resign or not on Kamen, I think I'd rather hold on to DMo... expiring and Morris or Bud - no prob...

4. Buckcheeks

Buckcheeks Member

What hole does George Hill fill exactly..?

5. Buckcheeks

Buckcheeks Member

Nothing major, but I think we'll do something for Chris Andersen.

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Backup PG. We don't have one.

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-in-reply-to="171385412936417280"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA">stevekylerNBA</a> @<a href="https://twitter.com/texanfan2585">texanfan2585</a> Bottom line for Houston is Morey thinks guys like Thabeet and Flynn are worth top-dollar players. They're not.</p>&mdash; Bill Ingram (@TheRocketGuy) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRocketGuy/status/171387590019268608" data-datetime="2012-02-20T00:16:00+00:00">February 20, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Don't know about Kyler. Don't pay attention to The Rocket Guy. He loaned Morey $20 one time and Morey never paid him back.

"Overpricing" the players might mean "not giving them away for free/crap".

9. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

My deadline prediction is that they decide on a damn direction.