1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are your trade deadline predictions?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by withmustard, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

I seriously question McGee's abilities, he might be mentally r****ded.

2. cml750

cml750 Member

So do you think they would trade for Dwight even if he doesn't agree to an extension? I would if it was up to me (LOL). I think he would agree to an extension at seasons end or at least we would be in play for a major S & T with another team.

3. cheifbootknocka

This roster could definitly use a trim. SNIP(Twill, Thabust, Scola, Kmart, Hill, Flynn)SNIP

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just lost interest in playing for the Wizards. We could take a look.

5. teebone21

teebone21 Member

I would welcome mcgee in a heartbeat! Offensively he needs work on post game but on defense he is a terror also his athletic ability will be a bright spot on this team. Best of all he will be cheap

6. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Might as well post my 4-team trade prediction here.

Houston acquires: Pau Gasol

Minnesota receives: Kevin Martin

Lakers get: Luis Scola, Derrick Williams and Goran Dragic

Orlando receives: Andrew Bynum and Derrick Williams for Dwight Howard

Of course i would prefer Daryl Morey acquiring Dwight Howard. You know how that goes.

7. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

If we get Pau Gasol, then our best shot at acquiring Dwight Howard is to offer a package starting with Lowry and Gasol. Would the Magic bite? Maybe. Would Dwight sign an extension? Hope so. Sign Deron Williams in the offseason and Dwight would probably sign one.

The pressure is on Morey to finally make big moves this trade deadline so i expect the Rockets to be the most active team come March 15th. (fingers crossed and hoping for the best while anticipating the worst)

8. teebone21

teebone21 Member

I morey I trust! Time to move out some of these 09ers and transform this team in the next 4 weeks

9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

to me my goal is to make sure howard doesn't go to the lakers because where i live all i'm gonna be seeing is purple and gold

10. sergio

sergio Member

True. It's more important that we sabatage thier chance at Dwight then help them. If we help them get him then get ready to lose to the Lakers for the next 10 years.

11. Miracles Boys33

The thing is the lakers don't have enough money. The only way they can land Howard is trading bynum to the magic for howard. as much as I hate stern I'm actually happy that trade got veoted

12. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I don't mind this, I don't know how easily the bucks would part with Peckovic though. I def want him though, kaman...meh.

13. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Pekovic plays for the bucks huh? NO HE DOESN'T! He plays for the wolves! C'mon man!

14. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I hope you're right! Wallace and Kaman would be huge for this team.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't understand why people think its possible to get Dwill for only Kmart... im pretty sure we would of traded for the pick before the draft if its been that cheap. hell i'd rather have dwill instead of pau so how about we leave the lakers out of it and throw some other players minny's to make the trade possibly considerable for the twolves, them trying to go after pau makes it clear they want to contend, right now. So i say the rox should take advantage
    of that by giving them kmart and or scola plus others for one or a couple of the following players : pekovic, wes J, Beasy, Rdolph and possibly picks. Could be one of those morey rape moments if we can pull a deal off correctly

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'll never understand this type of thinking. The NBA is a 32 team league, preventing one team from becoming a dynasty at your expense doesn't do squat. As long as we come out better in the deal I wouldn't mind being a facilitator in a Lakers Howard/Williams/Kobe combo.

17. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I just listed the main players involved. Other young prospects and draft picks will also be dealt/included in the package, of course.

I agree i would rather keep Derrick Williams and/or try to acquire Dwight ourselves but like i said, that's just a trade prediction. Kind of lowering my expectations and preparing for the inevitable.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Rasheed?

J/k ...man near prime Rasheed.... would be great
    A white Kevin Love less Rb and Scoring

19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

You got Derrick Williams going to both Orlando and LA...

20. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Of course! He can play PF for one and SF for the other.:grin: