1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are your Rockets Predictions for Draft Night?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFan94, Jun 26, 2012.

1. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

^^^ THIS...

Rockets won't get any big names, and reports will come out of how close they were to getting one BUT...

^^^ AND THIS...

:( *SIGH* :(

I believe the writing is on the wall for Daryl Morey. If he fails to make a major splash come July 1st or so, (a few weeks from now) he's done as GM.

2. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Don't really like the FAs you picked up in your Dwight scenario. Would more look at Garnett to replace Scola. Camby is a great backup for Dwight, giving 10-15mins a game.

3. jvu

jvu Member

Same roster but w/ Dwight howard.

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

No one on the board at 14, 16 and 18 will start for the Rockets in the next couple of years. Morey is gathering assets, but for what? The Lakers, Hawks and Magic all want to dump salary and we can only absorb so much. The cheapest asset out there may be Gasol. Josh Smith for a couple of picks and salary cap relief? Atlanta has 6 players under contract this season for $63 million. I personally cannot see a new GM trading Howard with less than 2 weeks on the job. I do not view D-Will as a huge upgrade of Dragic. So basically I have no f***ing clue. As usual.

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>RT @<a href="https://twitter.com/jose3030">jose3030</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%2523NeverForget">#NeverForget</a> Steve Francis on Draft Night (via @<a href="https://twitter.com/jeskeets">jeskeets</a> / @<a href="https://twitter.com/tasmelas">tasmelas</a>) <a href="http://t.co/FLkDTjXm" title="http://twitpic.com/a0x1b4">twitpic.com/a0x1b4</a></p>&mdash; J.E. Skeets (@jeskeets) <a href="https://twitter.com/jeskeets/status/217791446533681154" data-datetime="2012-06-27T01:28:21+00:00">June 27, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I don't think Dwight happens if Sacramento doesn't trade with Houston. Why would you want to help another WC team possibly land 2 all-stars that will be a force for the next 5 years?

There will be a trade or two, but Dwight won't be involved.

7. nadman89

nadman89 Member

lets not predict , lets just pray

8. amaru

amaru Member

all smoke no fire.

Keeping expectations low and the odds say this happens.

9. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

I'm feelin for under the radar star player that we never ever heard of gettin traded..

10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

The Kings are drowning in a number of ways. They will facilitate any deal that they think gives them a better roster. I'm not saying the rumored Kings trade is such a deal but I dont think the Kings care about who they will battle to win a title in the next 5 years so much as they just want to be competitive and hopefully reinvigorate their fan base.

11. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

We will draft

PJ3 with 14
    Kendall marshal with 16
    Sullinger with 18

They will turn out to be awesome!

12. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I will be pissed if we are stuck with all those mid-first round picks.

13. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Our Father who art in heaven....

14. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Off topic but has anyone heard the rumor that GS is next as a Dwight trade partner?

Some dude on a Magic board said GS will offer Bogut,Thompson,pick for D12/Turk,he said there should be a article posted soon about the rumor.

15. Rockets_Fan15

Rockets_Fan15 Rookie

We will probably be stupid and get DH12. Then we will watch him leave and go join DWill in Brooklyn.

16. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

I dont see it as a gamble,we can always trade Dwight at the deadline for Lopex,fillers.

17. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

I see where you are coming from but if I am the nets...if you get deron to sign, you just wait it out and sign Dwight in free agency

Ya Dwight loses alot of money, but i think he cares about winning at this point.

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

The most solid prediction of the thread - regardless of what happens this will be the most popular photo here on the board on draft day:

[​IMG]

19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Drummond (5) or Melo (18)
    Lamb, Rivers or Waiters OR Teague or Marshall (pg or sg mid first rd)
    and JSmith or Derrick Williams...

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm thinking marquis teague is a lock with the 18th pick, the 14 & 16th will probably be offered with lowry to move down in the draft, and if that happens the top 8 or so pick will be offered with martin, patterson and who ever else for dwight to be rented. As rumored if we can't rent dwight then we might offer the dwight rent-a-package for josh smith. In the end none of that probably goes down, worst case scenario we just keep all of our draft picks or make a last minute bogus trade out of desperation.