1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are we paying for?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by man532, Dec 5, 2001.

1. man532

man532 Member

I've said it before and I will say it again, the Rockets are known for overpaying for guards (Brent Price, Matt Maloney, Bryce Drew, Eddie overthehill Johnson), especially Moochie, I have not seen $3 mil plus play in any of the games.

We got hosed by Fegan and are paying the piper now. We will win about 30 games this season. That's being optimistic at best.

Also, Cuttino is pulling a disappearing act, why, teams have decided to zone up against Cuttino and force him to shoot off balance jumpers or pass with 3 seconds left on the shot clock, after he has dribbled on the wing for 9 years.

Kenny Thomas, excellent bench player, however, there is no way I'm in the L and can't hit a 15ft to 20 ft jumper 45% of the time. Kenny come early and stay late after practice

Cato, and Rice, never mind, I'm too tired to point out their inadequacies.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Man,

1. I thought this would be a gripe about what fans pay to see the Rockets put such crap on the floor. That would be a legit argument (of course, it was the Chicago fans that paid for the last one).

2. The amount of money Moochie Norris is now making has nothing at all to do with our current slide. We were right at the cap when we signed Moochie. We used an Early Bird Exception to exceed the cap to sign him. Signing Moochie has not meant that there was someone else we were unable to sign. The current roster would be precisely the same even if Moochie made a tenth of what he currently makes.

3. I'm sure the Rockets will be amply reimbursed for their investment with ticket sales and television rights, if not this year, certainly after the shiny new arena we bought them opens.