1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are the Rockets up to?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 2, 2018.

?

What are the rockets doing?

Poll closed Jul 4, 2018.
  1. They are limited by the owner's concerns over luxury tax and will make only minor additions

21.6%
  2. They are working on a move for an established veteran that will improve the team

40.4%
  3. They will add minor pieces and keep powder dry for later but not because of luxury tax

23.5%
  4. I abstain. Courteously.

14.6%
  1. Zergling

Zergling Member

Morey is currently polishing his EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR trophy.

I'm sure we're in good hands everyone. He'll improve the roster from last year.

Fullcourt likes this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow! No ****? Holy cow! If true (haven't seen a post yet - not doubting justtxyank), Morey and Fertitta truly have gone all in. I'm assuming that we still keep Capela. Good grief! Major upgrade.

Morey never fails to surprise. I'm well and truly shocked, and thrilled, assuming we keep Capela. Morey has to have something in place to reduce payroll. He has to!

#82 Deckard, Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Again. OKC stayed the same. Denver was one win away. The Lakers got Lebron (biggest addition). The Suns and Mavs are going to be "better" cause they have two rookies leading their team into again becoming a tougher team to beat?...

These are your words not mine.

Go back to trolling on the low. Hopefully it'll easier for you to comprehend what's going on here.

4. raining threes

These are the guys that got the Rockets within an eyelash of a championship and you want to replace them in the name of diversity?

OK

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I was kidding (on the level) that they need to add some diversity to the staff.

raining threes likes this.
  6. jb86

jb86 Member

Yes

7. James&PaulAttornysAtBall

OKC stayed the same after 1 year. It’s ok to accept they could be a better team (who was lookin good until Roberson)

Denver being one win away actually helps my argument not yours lol shows how deep the west is. Did you expect Portland to end up the 3 seed?

Suns and Mavs will be competitive but not because of just the rookies but just being more complete teams.

That’s my logic. I understand it’s hard for to be an objective Rockets fan because of your oh so prosperous tenure at ClutchFans.

Trolling? Child please.. you’re emotionally weak. All this because we don’t agree? Block me or move on kiddo.

8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I think Capela is gone because Tilman was only going to pay the lux if we had landed Lebron.

Morey's going to try to fill holes with cheap players like MCW.

Harden's ego to not help recruit, CP3's greed for money and Anderson's terrible contract is our downfall.

Did you hear? KD just took another 20mil paycut to play for the Warriors.

9. aroundtheblock2

That doesn't make any sense. Are you implying Morey is completely r****ded?

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Would make a lot more sense to let CP go than Capela, even if you believe this asinine theory

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

idk, why would Morey have a meeting with MCW if he wasn't interested

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

That was a very Trump-like post in it's exaggeration, unfounded accusations, and general lack of truthfulness.

cbass, The Cat and rserina like this.
  13. Garner

Garner Member

Oh lawd

Deckard likes this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Someone else finally noticed that post? I'm like, "What tha hell??"

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You're "argument" still makes no sense.

The bottom half of the entire Western Conference playoff race was decided between the smallest of margins.

So for you to say that this team or that team will add a one or two wins at most isn't saying much.

From 10 all the way to 3 the spots were still being decided well into the last week of the regular season. So again for you to say two of the bottom dwellers are going to be less cupcakes isn't saying much.

And yeah, no one knew Portland was going to end up the 3 seed not even them until the season officially ended.

upload_2018-7-2_15-32-23.png

Next!

16. James&PaulAttornysAtBall

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

LOL

that guy was just taking a post of mine and cutting it up to read that way for giggles

J Sizzle likes this.
  18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It was in response to this...

Deckard likes this.
  19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Would love it true. But I doubt that will ever happen.

20. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

I understand your pessimism as we’re watching other teams get better, but not even you believe what you’re writing.

Tilman obviously just gave the “OK” on the massive Chris Paul contract and had he been reluctant to pay the luxury tax as you’ve so elloquently alluded to, don’t you think he’d let him walk instead of Clint?

Secondly, yes, obviously Morey has to sign vet min players with potential upside. I’m not saying MCW is that player, but I’d say Luc and Gerald worked pretty well last year, wouldn’t you?

Lastly, Harden probably has contractual obligation and was planned out well in advance he was going to China.

Chris Paul is the head of the NBPA and had the 38 rule implemented so everybody knows he’s not going to take a pay cut when his other job is to tell players to make as much as they can. While aside the fact, he opted in so we were able to sign PJ last year.

#100 Sean Dr34ms, Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    Trackwell likes this.