1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are the Rockets up to?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 2, 2018.

?

What are the rockets doing?

Poll closed Jul 4, 2018.
  1. They are limited by the owner's concerns over luxury tax and will make only minor additions

21.6%
  2. They are working on a move for an established veteran that will improve the team

40.4%
  3. They will add minor pieces and keep powder dry for later but not because of luxury tax

23.5%
  4. I abstain. Courteously.

14.6%
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

[​IMG]

justtxyank likes this.
  2. James&PaulAttornysAtBall

You so typical lmfao “since yesterday” because being a member of a fan forum longer makes you some superior fan. FOH dude.. been lurking CF longer than you’ve been a member

3. tc0330

tc0330 Member

And there goes Nerlens Noel. Awesome.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i feel like starting a charity to fight snow-blindness in NBA front offices.

5. broteinshake

broteinshake Member

Very unapologetically true. We are a tad less of the team that we were when we took GSW (without Iguodala) to 7 games. We just took a step or two back, and we'll need to take 4 or 5 more steps forward to even be just barely on par with a full-strength GSW.

6. James&PaulAttornysAtBall

Slow down man, I havent been registered long enough for you to agree with me

7. pass_to_Hakeem

LA or Houston? ... I think we all know which team he’d choose and if hope it wasn’t us

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think Morey is looking for an "established" veteran 3&D wing who's younger, quicker, and cheaper to replace Ariza. Ennis would be fine with me. I think he's also looking to roll the dice with a young point, another wing, and hopefully someone, preferably a 4/5, who can take some minutes from Capela (who I expect to be back). Nene disappointed me last season. I like the guy, but he appears to be running on fumes. We can't depend on him, in my opinion. Great locker room presence who seems to be able to play spot minutes here and there, depending on matchups, but we need more.

Ketchup&Mustard, Zergling and cml750 like this.
  9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Cool, you should reconsider going back to lurking.

[​IMG]

10. mario_v

mario_v Member

Gersson Rosas?

Aruba77 likes this.
  11. James&PaulAttornysAtBall

12. James&PaulAttornysAtBall

Why are your feelings so hurt over an opinion on the internet? Because I think the west will be more competitive as a whole or because you tried the whole “I’ve been here longer than you” ish like it was CF vs the Lin fans all over again.

13. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Klove is on trade block. We give up a 11st and 2nd rounder with Anderson

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty much the same. On the one hand, Trust in Morey. On the other, we lost a starter and cannot adequately replace him (also, we're an old team and are just a year older now).

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Dude I really don't care.

You claim the West is better. YOUR two examples of them becoming better are the Suns and Mavs. At that, you claim they will not be playoff teams and only be marginally better as to not being as cupcakes as they were last year and the years previous.

Whoopty fu**in do. If that's what you consider getting "better" we have no reason to even continue this "debate".

[​IMG]

16. James&PaulAttornysAtBall

If my only 2 claims were Phx and Dallas getting better then you have the reading comprehension of a rock. Here’s an idea. Take a Midol, use a Manpon and then come back to the forum.

If that doesn’t work for you then reread what I said and then google what collectively means in relation to the rest of my context. #DoBetter

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

(Above post edited for the sake of brevity.)

BREAKING: Otto Porter to Rockets per @justtxyank . Deal at the 2 yard line.

kevtse, raining threes, Nimo and 3 others like this.
  18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

holysh#t. i just looked at his contract. $82 mil over the next 3 yrs. That's insane. He'd be a good Trevor replacement though.

rockets1995 likes this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I guess the rockets think 40 yr old Nene is a better backup C than Noel on at the minimum

20. PatBev

PatBev Member

Waiting for my phone to alert me on a Rocket signing but all im getting is other teams lol

izeroi likes this.