1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are the Rockets up to?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 2, 2018.

?

What are the rockets doing?

Poll closed Jul 4, 2018.
  1. They are limited by the owner's concerns over luxury tax and will make only minor additions

21.6%
  2. They are working on a move for an established veteran that will improve the team

40.4%
  3. They will add minor pieces and keep powder dry for later but not because of luxury tax

23.5%
  4. I abstain. Courteously.

14.6%
  1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

Our group of overzealous SupPORTERs will speak it into existence.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

David left his legacy to the wrong person. The new has no idea how to create a balanced league, he's running it into the ground.

Why not?, lw17 and Plowman like this.
  3. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Yeah It needs to be more like the 80s with 5 laker titles or the 90s with 6 bulls titles

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Did the Bulls or the Lakers have 5 all star players in their prime? There's a difference between having two or three transcendent players and owning the league and just having an all star team that everyone joins in their prime its disgraceful. I hate when there is something blatant staring us all in the face and some idiot has to come and compare it to something totally unrelated then you have to s
    pend a full day explaining why its not the same.. no thanks.

lw17 and joshuaao like this.
  5. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

[​IMG]
    You are complaining about balance. The history of the league has never been about balance and parity. It has been about dynasties and great teams whether they have 2, 3, 4, or 5 stars. At one time 2 superstars on a team was all you needed because nobody else had more than 1. Then it became 3 because nobody else had more than 2. And now it might be 5. And fans and media have always complained and wondered about the balance of the league.

https://pics.me.me/sorts-bul-are-the-bulls-so-good-theyre-bad-for-22144568.png

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

the history of the league has seen actual competition. This isn't competition. The league just witnessed only 1 team out of 28 others give them any trouble at all. the league also just witnessed the best team shutting the rest down yesterday for the next year.

B-Bob, SF3isBack!! and saleem like this.
  7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The guy that played in Portland would be the ideal replacement for Ariza , he could hit that corner three at a high rate , played very solid defense and could do something Ariza couldn't - put the ball on the floor.

The Batum that's in Charlotte …. meh. Maybe its the team around him, its tough to look good on a team that's in perpetual tank mode and not doing it on purpose , maybe you put him in the right situation and he flourishes.

justtxyank likes this.
  8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Surprise Surprise, Morey signed MCW.

9. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

If Anthony Davis is frustrated with Boogie and Rondo gone, then maybe the Rockets do Anderson, Capela(assuming he takes QO)and two 1st rd picks for the Brow :D

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Joel Myers reported today that Davis has been involved in all decision making and the expectation is he will sign his 5 year super max next year when he's eligible.

Nook and zcarenow like this.
  11. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Tyreke Evans about to sign with the Pacers now. Another one gone lol

12. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

It was just my pipe dream.

13. Fantasma Negro

I wouldn't mind getting Jahlil Okafor to back up Capela. He plays pretty much the same way as Nene except he can play more consistently without rest

14. magnetik

magnetik Member

15. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Philly about to take Wilson Chandler from us now. WHO KNEW lol

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Funny quip. And would be meaningful if someone, say, hadn't watched those years.

csj likes this.
  17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I’m Morey we Trust or Bust

18. realonemo

realonemo Member

Demarre Carroll is someone they should target.

19. jogo

jogo Member

Is it possible that we're telling Clint we'll pay him 1 year for 5.3M MLE and then sign him to a big contract next year when the cap increases? He can't like that option. Or we've told him something like 4 years for 60 mill and that bugs him, too. Then after he signs we try to get LMAM for the min?

Or Clint is out there trying to get a big offer and we're waiting to see what he gets and then we decide to match or not.

I agree with ideas out there for the SF-Carroll, Bazemore, Ennis, T Graham. I don't know if any of these are possible but they seem like the most likely.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Rockets have been trying HARD to move Anderson.

No one wants that monstrosity right now.

Deuce and Rudyc281 like this.