1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are the odds that we've ALREADY found our starting lineup for years to come?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jul 17, 2022.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We all know that teams are built over time...trades, multiple drafts, free agency....Guys get hurt, teams have needs...gotta get the right chemistry on and off the court...Coaching moves that dictate change..A true organic rebuild is a free flowing ocean of change. Lots of variables in play that almost ALWAYS lead a GM down a derivative of Plan A..But, PERHAPS this becomes the exception to the norm. Regardless, it's an insane talent base. Stone, Stone, Stone...

KPjr
    Jalen
    Tari
    Jabari
    Sengun

2. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Very low. So far we can probably say Jalen's a shoe in. Even then, all it takes is an injury or an argument with the wrong coach/manager/player and he's gone. On paper it looks good, personalities, opportunities and the risk of injury pretty much guarantees that it's nothing remotely close to a sure thing.

TheJuice likes this.
  3. my time to shine

Less than 1 percentage

We getting another starter in the top 5 next draft

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's pretty likely that'll be it for the next several years unless one of those Nets picks end up being really good

Bo6 and ApacheWarrior like this.
  5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, the BKN picks should be a Golden Ticket down the line...to improve on top of these guys maturing.They're a game changer.

6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Maybe this season but KPJ won't be here after that. Rest I agree with but obviously that could change through the draft

7. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I can't say I agree. The organization sat a 40+ million dollar player to help develop KPJ. They are incredibly invested in him. As long as he keeps his head on straight, he'll be around for a while.

8. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Very low. At some point they're gonna get serious and realize they can't successfully develop 5 guys into a cohesive and successful team. They need solid, predictable play at a few positions to help certain guys (e.g Green and Bari) really flourish. With those two, the PG position and at least 1 wing needs to be a role player.

CHAMPBOY, kjayp and tehG l i d e like this.
  9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Pretty excited about our young potential.

0% chance this is our starting 5 for years to come.

I think Stone is more than competent at doing the job but I don’t think he has all of a sudden solved the puzzle that is nba team building/the draft. EVERYONE can’t pan out how we hope.

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Considering the fact that we have $70+ mil in cap space next summer and likely another top 8 pick on the way, pretty low.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Literally 0% chance this is the starting lineup in 2-3 years

12. TimDuncanDonaut

It's unknown. But if forced to choose, three of the five could be.

The 1 and 3 spot are definitely still open. For those spots, the current players are thrown into a pit with sticks and the strongest survive.

1. ?? - KPJ / Nix / Tyty / or some other future dude.
    2. Green
    3. ?? - Tari / Tate / (KPJ here, if we get a better 1) or some other dude.
    4. Jabari
    5. Sengun.

AroundTheWorld and Rashmon like this.
  13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

The hype for Tari right now is Linsane.

hakeem94, Hui, Dacamel and 6 others like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@tinman

reported.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

This. And I like all of them.

Corrosion, fattz and GotGame15 like this.
  16. maj21

maj21 Member

Here we go again lol.. he’s gonna get extended and will be here for a while

17. maj21

maj21 Member

I think 3 out of 5 will be starting. I can see us drafting a starter and bringing a starter through FA

Wulaw Horn and fattz like this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's always possible, I guess it just depends on where the team is drafting and how close to contention they believe they are.

Personally I think the current core needs a few years to develop before they are ready to contend so I don't see bringing in any starter level FA's just yet.

I'm hoping by the end of the season we see the lineup from the OP and I would love to see it for the next few years. That team has pretty much everything you'd want, they just need to hit their prime.

19. King1

Here we go again? My opinion isn't going to change when we haven't played a game. Secondly, seems the Rockets feel differently than you because they certainly haven't done it yet despite plenty of players cashing in. I guess a year is a long time so you could get that right.

20. King1

They sat Wall because it was a mutual agreement between the two parties. If you think they sat wall to develop KPJ I have some beachfront property to sell you in Arizona

hakeem94, Invisible Fan and fattz like this.