1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are the Must Have PS2 Games?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fadeaway, Jul 17, 2010.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I was wondering why GT wasn't recommended in that earlier post. Maybe he's better off not trying it out since he just got a ps2, and getting GT addicted will only force him to buy a ps3 and gt5 in november.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Pong

Isn't that how old the PS2 is?

3. zoids

zoids Member

Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Hahaha, same here... this is the longest video game series with same story plot I've played... I just couldn't stop playing every single version until the last 2 (Started from III to X across I think probably 15 yrs), and no it's not that I don't like the game anymore. Just because it's so hard to get ROTK game in North America and the Japanese PC version goes for $100+ the cheapest. Working now also took all my game time away too... I pretty much only can play my ps3 once a month these days.

The guy who recommended it totally sum it up nicely for people who played this game. I was totally like that back then LOL. Once you start playing, you couldn't stop until your brain shut down and you just had migraine due to not sleeping in the last 20hrs.

4. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

If you get MGS3, make sure it's Subsistence and not Snake Eater. There's a huge difference.

Also, I'd try to get the original single package Subsistence and not the reissue that's part of the MGS collection. The online server has shut down, so Konami omitted that disc from the collection, but in the process they also omitted the bloopers reels, which in my opinion rounds out the game.

For me, MGS3 is the defining game of PS2 and, if it weren't for RE4 for Wii, my favorite console game ever (those 2 are really neck and neck, except I actually completed/crushed RE4 Wii, whereas I merely unlocked all levels and items for MGS3 but didn't bother with beating the hardest level since there was no reward for it).

Echo recommendations for Persona 4 and Capcom vs. SNK 2 (which I still like better than SF4). I would also add Godhand to the list. That game though took me 4 years of off and on play to crush/complete.

5. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I'll just add in my 2 cents:

Kingdom Hearts - Not a perfect game, but a fun action rpg romp. Everything after the first one became a convoluted mess story wise, and everything else that mattered took a step back as well imo.

Dragon Quest 8 - Old school rpg romp. I especially love the cel shaded style and the open world.

Dark Cloud 2 - Another beautiful cel shaded game. Action rpg that I personally had a blast with.

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter - This game has one of the most unique rpg battle systems out there. Not really sure how to describe it, but once you "get" it, it's addictive.