1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are the Chinese Fans Saying?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Jul 21, 2007.

Tags:
  1. amadeus

amadeus Member

The 1996 Atlanta Centennial Olympic Games,basketball tournament for Men

Rankings:

#8 People's Republic of China

24/07/1996 87 - 77 Atlanta People's Republic of China- Argentina

Who said Chinese love basketball before 2002 is a PURE IDIOT.

2. amadeus

amadeus Member

3. rocBJ

rocBJ Member

actually, most of the time, we start to love a game or a team because we love a player...

Bulls for MJ, Lakers for Kobe, Cavalier for LJ...... even Manchester United for Beckham -__-

it's nonsense arguing about when XXX start to love XXX, what is important not is that we all love Rockets, which should make all rockets fans a family....

it is a silly thing to see this kind of argue within the fans family :rolleyes:

4. amadeus

amadeus Member

According someone's opinion,maybe our Chinese Rox fans should see rockets fans as a whole family after improving our STUPID ENGLISH.

5. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

Journalists worldwide apparently have a lot in common. ;)

6. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

Your Chinese is Zero, and your English is more stupid.
    By the way, our US government sucks, or suck-ers big time.
    I know you are happy to be taxed and send your money to Iraq "contractors," to be sent to Iraq fighting for...??...

7. alecoool

alecoool Member

I see why you got banned -- dude, control your emotion and go get some rest. ;)

8. smasstastic

smasstastic Member

Yo, I know a lot of Chinese Americans who started becoming Rockets fans now that Yao joined. Maybe that got them interested in the team, but now they are following it and supporting its other players as well. I heard that at one point, AI's jersey was the highest selling NBA jersey in China.

I moved to Houston when I was three and immediately became a Rockets fan. Am I a bandwagoner for only becoming one after I moved?

Chill out.

9. hatwin1976

hatwin1976 Member

I think most of Chinese fans in US think Yi and people behind him are stupid!
    Millions of dollars are still not good for them and the reasons they used are disgusting. For Chinese national team's benefit sake, please play for the Bucks!

10. P.P.Nicky

P.P.Nicky Member

Most of American are friendly and peaceful, but I don't understand why some ******* like you and JD317² are so fatuous.

11. smasstastic

smasstastic Member

Knock the administration, not the government. It's not easy defending the country single-handidly against a faceless enemy.

12. rocBJ

rocBJ Member

MJ's "23" was the highest in the 90s, definitely

now, T-mac's "1" and Kobe's "8" may be the highest, i guess

13. P.P.Nicky

P.P.Nicky Member

Kobe's "24" is the highest now.

14. Queeni

Queeni Contributing Member

I am a Chinese fan too. I agree with your first point, but don't agree on the Yi issue. NBA is all about business. Bucks chose Yi for business even though they were not allowed to attend Yi's workouts. As a player and a human being, Yi also has his own desire where to go. He expressed it clearly though his agent. He has the gut and confidence. He's not like Yao who is always friendly (may not be a good thing in NBA as you all witnessed). Yi may have the killer instinct that Yao currently does not have (see the summer league game against Cavaliers?). Yi does not want to go to middle of nowhere (me either), but a place he feels like a home with a lot of Asian people (I like to living nearly New York and California too).

Besides, when American players, like our Rocket Steve Francis, could demand a trade after being drafted and succeeded in doing that. Why not Yi? Do you guys have race discrimination against Chinese?

15. hatwin1976

hatwin1976 Member

I hate to mention, but there are huge amount of Jordan fans in China much earlier than 2002.
    Yao is a reason to attract Chinese fans, however if he was not developed to a super star, like Zhizhi for example,there will not be so many fans.
    They have their own judgment and by the way, I bought several US players' jerseys who are not Rockets for my friends in China last month.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

people became Rocket fans cause heroes rose from the fire and brought light to the world.

Ralph Sampson
    Akeem
    Vernon
    Kenny
    Sam
    Otis
    Mario
    Clyde
    Robert
    Rudy T
    The Summit
    Turbo
    Gallery Furniture
    Pappasitos

17. tsunami

tsunami Member

dumbass!

18. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

LOL = loss of logic. :D

19. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

I was going to reply to that crap...but you said it better than I could have.

20. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Isnt that bc he changed his number or something.