1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are some things that you don't "get" that everyone else seems to?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Another Brother, May 19, 2010.

1. hjg877

hjg877 Member

****in' magnets, how do they work?

1 person likes this.
  2. g1184

g1184 Member

no respect.

[​IMG]

3. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

Baseball
    Nickelback
    Dane Cook

4. Crudder

Crudder Member

LA is a great place to live but you have actually stayed there for a period of time? I've never lived in Houston but LA is one spread out place, toppled with massive amounts of congestion.

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I dont understand why Angelina Jolie is consider one of the hottest girls, Im not picky, I mean I would choose a lot of celebrities before her, for example the ex of Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston.

6. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Politics.

Meh.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I have to point out that you understand the rules/pattern of the game but not the game itself.

Those 45 seconds are not a break. American sports are much more focused on physical attributes (power, speed, athleticism) than football. Applying the same "test" to football would not work. This is why there are no really "built" players in football, and being extremely skinny is common. Because the game is really played in the mind, and those things (physical features) are supplementary.

Take a player like Riquelme (check youtube). He doesn't have speed, strength or power really. His technical skills are excellent, but not legendary or anything. The game is mostly played in his mind. In that 45-second break you mentioned, his mind is working furiously while also being in complete control of the ball and aware of the defense around him.

Can't wait for the world cup.

8. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

I don't get why people get starstruck.
    -Guys going crazy for an autograph.
    -Girls who go crazy and start crying.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Seems like WillG was talking about American football, whereas you are talking about soccer.

10. RickRock713

RickRock713 Member

FIXED.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    I don't get what he's trying to do in this thread. But then again, I don't think anyone does! What I do get is that you're a douchebag. Move along...nothing to see here

Also, his use of quotation marks is annoying.

Double also, I really don't get sporks. Why not just use a spoon and a fork??

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

To clarify...knote that wasn't in regard to you. It was directed at tomjc.

14. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

British?

15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Bad acting makes me cringe. Reality TV is chock full of it. Give me shows with a more realistic touch like The Rockford Files and The Office, with talented actors, any day over reality VD.

16. Steve_Francis_rules

The movie Pulp Fiction

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jesus. The performances of every single actor, the script, the direction, and the soundtrack are all masterful...

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:rolleyes: ugh ... OK... this is the LAST time I help you with your comedy, sir... but NO MORE, OK?

The Lovely Bones - haven't read it, but Mrs. SwoLy did, and she even saw the movie; please stop asking me and I'll let you talk to her later.
    The Blue Tooth headset as a wardrobe item - let douchebags be douchebags. Sort of a "let sleeping dogs lie" thing, except dogs aren't so much of a d-bag as a d-bag is.
    Madea - Yeah. Me neither. It's a dude. He likes dressing up as a chick. Weird caca, huh? Let sleeping transvestites lie.
    Really?? - some people liked it on SNL, but some didn't. In the end, it's the Lorn Michaels' word to keep it.
    Weed - I've never had it, never will.
    Greys Anatomy - don't you mean GRACE ANATOMY? It's a show, unless you're talking about Henry Gray's book. :eek:
    Gaga - I had a baby, so I know this one. Wait until you have a baby, then ask me this again. I played baby gibberish with my girls long ago... so I don't remember.

OK. Done. Are you happy? WTF, was Jerry Seinfeld unavailable? :rolleyes:

You too? You just put one next to another magnet, and it works. It's SIMPLE, actually. :eek:

[​IMG]

;)

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Buc'ees.
    Whataburger
    McDonalds
    Malnourished Models and Actresses with average faces and no boobs.
    Mafia Wars
    Lost
    Trevor Ariza
    People who are famous for being stupid sluts (Hilton, Kardashian)
    Jay Leno
    Houston's general disinterest in the Rockets
    Major League Soccer
    Apple Computers
    Lupe Fiasco
    Michael Bay

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f6csp2fZt2E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f6csp2fZt2E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>