1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are all these former players so threaten by what Steph Curry is doing?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Mar 17, 2016.

1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I would bet most of the herbs in this thread couldn't deadlift 185.

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

No one's said it so I'm gonna say it. The Golden State Warriors have the feel of McGwire vs Sosa 1998. Barry Bonds 2003.

We don't know what it is but something fishy's going on. The numbers being put up are Mickey Mouse bull****. The bandwagon fans and journalists are too busy slurping Curry's you know what to open their eyes. The NBA has joke drug testing policies.

We can't explain it, but like black holes we have to identify them by the absence of other logical explanations for the phenomena observed. It's not just Curry--the whole TEAM is shooting 41% from 3.

3. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Steroids allows you to pinpoint a shot from 35 feet?

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Having the greatest shooter of all time, and one of the greatest shooters of all time taking 60% of the 3's tends to lead to a high percentage.

I get how stupid is is to call Curry the GOAT after 2 good seasons, but what I don't get is people trying to diminish his shooting ability. Scoring prior to the mid 90's was far higher than it is now. Becuase teams used to give out more dirty cheap shots, people think defenses were better, they weren't that's a complete myth. NBA defense are far superior and more complex than they ever were in the early 90's and prior. Defenses got so good in the late 90s', early 00's it was making the game very ugly to watch, so yes they did change the rules to soften defenses and speed up the game, but that era was an outlier. It was not representative of NBA history.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats.html

Just check out the scoring, FG%, and pace numbers from the golden age of the 80's and prior. The Warriors have got players that shoot the most valuable shot at an extremely high level, and they have built a complete offense around the ability to exploit that.

5. Ronkol

Ronkol Member

100% agreed, drug use has reached a new physiological level.

However, if you think in the nineties American sport didn't know it's way to the steroids jar I have a bridge to sell to you. It wasn't refined as it turned in the late nineties, which goes some way to the added physical powers and speed.

Because contrary to what Caesar thinks, players have become stronger (watt per kilo), which translates in a higher speed (less bulk to carru around and more sheer strength.

This is why a "little"guy as Curry is so strong. Less fat, which makes him look weaker than he is. Natural? HAH. No.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. First time I've ever heard that someone could enhance his accuracy by taking steroids.

I wonder why Dwight with all that muscles is such a bad shooter. He needs to bulk up more.

7. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

whats not to like about his game play from last night. Step back 3, another buzzer beater, and sick handles to the basket with ease. Sit back and appreciate his game because the guy put in work instead of partying with the kardashian over he summer

Highlights from last night game

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hu3ML0vLxG0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. hakeemthagreat

See this is the type of r****ded language the younger generation uses i dont get. According to the millenials, LBJ was the GOAT since his 1st ring. Curry's the greatest shooter after 1 1/2 seasons of dominating the league. Hes had 2 great seasons shooting the ball and now you've annointed the best ever? Lmao. You guys dont realize elite players like MJ, Magic, Bird, Reggie etc...all were great 10-15 years plus, not 2 seasons lol. What kinda world are you living in?

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Every night this guy does something amazing, it's really like Lebron, MJ, Kobe. Everybody wants to see what he pulls off next. It's also crazy how good their shooters are. Can you imagine our bigs and role players hitting threes the way the Warriors do? We would average over 50 attempts a game ;)

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Curry's entire team is a "Pippen to Jordan". Think about it. Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, etc. Even the bench players are on cue when they come in to sub. I'm talking about guys like Livingston and Iggy. No Steph Curry has plenty of support in this case. They even cover his very sub par defense that is less than Kobe and Wade or anybody else compared to MJ.

11. Caesar

Caesar Member

lol yeah dude, don't believe everything you read coming out of their own staff. Remember when LeBron outweighed Centers? 290 lbs i think it was they were saying he weighed? What a joke.

12. Ronkol

Ronkol Member

I'm not sure what's so unbelievable about Curry being a power to weight monster. look at him go at it in the paint and with his ridiculous consistent shooting.

That all indicates he's not just a speed/endurance guy, it also indicates he has a ton of strength.

13. Ronkol

Ronkol Member

Steroids can definitely help, as is shown by the homerun crew. Shooting such a distance with such control is also a strength feat. Hand-eye coordination and core-balance are cornerstones, but you need to be very strong with an accompanying endurance.

Besides, using steroids cuts down the time you need in the gym giving you more time chucking that ball.

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Curry has been a great shooter his entire career. Check his stats. The reason he's the greatest shooter ever is because the efficiency, volume, and degree of difficulty of his 3 pt shooting is unprecedented.

To put things in perspective for you, Curry has made more 3's this season than Magic did in his entire career. In these past two seasons, he's already made more than Jordan did in his entire career. And by the time this season is over, Curry's 2015 & 2016 makes will be more than Bird made in his entire career.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

400 is not that hard to do. I was 165-170 and I could do that before I pinched a nerve and stopped doing dead lifts.

16. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

You can't deny his skill and work ethic at all. But the video shows one clear advantage that many stars in the league don't have, the threat of a shooter and creator like Klay Thompson. Not taking anything away from what Curry can do on his own, but that threat opens up lanes a lot more for him to do the work that he does.

Not many players have that luxury. Thompson can be a top player on a ton of teams in the NBA on his own.

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yeah, Magic and Jordan were clearly better SHOOTERS than Curry, I bow to your aged wisdom.

18. Karolik

Karolik Member

Curry and haren are definitely on something

19. Exiled

Exiled Member

Linsanity & Curry 3 pt %

From annoying point of view , they are about equal

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Fixed

1 person likes this.