1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What about our announcers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rsx_htown, Sep 29, 2006.

1. camisgirl

camisgirl Member

Ha ha, that'll work I guess. I like Calvin. A lot of people thought he was a no-it-all and I would say, well he is. Plus, the Rockets could do no wrong. He always turned something around as a positive directed at us. True hometown announcer. But Sam Cassell? Would he even want to announce here? I think that would be pretty cool, just never really thought of it.

2. camisgirl

camisgirl Member

I'd rather see him coaching us instead. I miss him.

3. wink3

wink3 Member

Either have Kermit Washington or Rudy as color commentators. Maybe even both.

4. MONON

MONON Member

I think Clyde & Cynthia should do the Mavs or Spurs games!! :D

5. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

I don't understand why they don't let Calvin be the CC for a few games and see how it goes. They could sneak him in there vs. the TrailBlazers. Rockets management did make a statement to that effect when they let him go if you recall. Tell Murph right up front do CC for the Blazers game if there a lot of positive and minimal negative then give him some more shots. Even if they didn't bring him back for any more games this year beyond one it would deflect most of the critics during the next season. They even could get him in there during a sick leave for another CC.

Calvin did make losing efforts fun to watch and that impacts the $$$ positively.

6. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

im all for the kermit washington, rudy-t combo. hopefully rudy gets his revenge, or kermit will beat up rudy t again. thats a matchup i wanna see. :D