1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What about our announcers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rsx_htown, Sep 29, 2006.

1. rocketsmetalspd

How about a web-page like the one that was done for Save our Rockets. In this case it would be to bring back Calvin Murphy. I wish he would be given his old gig back, this would complete the off season. :D

2. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Per earlier poster:

"side note about calvin murphy, i work over in sugar land and he came into my store the other day with about 4 grand kids it looked like, he smelled, bad and looked in terrible shape wearing raggedy clothes and unshaven without a hair cut. so different from the calvin we watched for so many years "

This is so sad. Give Calvin some kind of job Les. He could be a shooting coach if Van Gundy would allow....You know-free throws

3. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Don't go there not even in jest :confused: !

4. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

It wouldn't be bad to occasionally have him spell Clyde.

5. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

What about Rybo and Hakeem?

6. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

In order

1.calvin
    2.calvin
    3. just bring back calvin, every1 forgot about his little incident.

I miss that guy. He and bill would really go at it. Bill cant do that anymore, specially not with clyde, I think he physically fears clyde and bullard, even van...since murph is a little guy, he's not affraid of him.

7. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Wait a second, I just got an idea for the best color commentator...they should offer the job to JVG, he already has some experience. With the lineup we have, we dont need a coach.

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

The team made a dumb mistake with Calvin. They should've stood behind him when the allegations from his kids came out and brought him back IMMEDIATELY after he was cleared. By not doing that, it looked like they were trying to protect themselves from fallout instead of standing behind someone who has meant so much to the organization on and off the court.

Very disappointing.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I miss Calvin a ton. :(

10. corby

corby Contributing Member

Dikembe Mutombo. Problem solved.

11. Dr.Worm

Dr.Worm Member

Yes. Bill, Calvin and Deke whenever he isn't playing his obligatory 4 minutes.

12. Docsdock

Docsdock Member

Amen! How sweet it is :D

13. verse

verse Contributing Member

bring back calvin and drop clyde off on an uncharted island.

14. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

Please don't bring back Bullard or Clyde. We NEED CALVIN MURPHY BACK.

Les PLEASE BRING BACK CALVIN MURPHY :eek: .

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I know somebody in the organization... and they made the decision to rid themselves from Calvin as soon as the allegations came out... regardless of whether or not the molestation arguments were true.

From what I gathered, it was more because he had fathered such a large number of children... then whether or not he had actually molested them. IE - once Calvin's dirty laundry came out, he was done... the possibility that he had molestation tied to it was just icing on the cake, in the Rockets opinion.

If they had a suitable replacement as a color commentator, the fallout wouldn't have been as bad... if they weren't going to re-sign Calvin, I'd prefer they just go out and get a professional... somebody who had done PBP before, and could offer thoughtful analysis (even if they weren't necessarily a homer). Fratello has offered his PBP services for multiple teams... so has Kenny Smith.

16. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

All of you are able to watch the local TV broadcasts, do yourself a favor - mute the TV and turn the radio to Gene Peterson and Jim Foley on 610. They are still great.

17. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

What about Moochie Norris? He's always been a fan favorite. Maybe we can give him a shot once he retires, or did he already retire? What's he doing right now?

18. tested911

tested911 Member

This isn't bad but I revised it a bit..

Barry
    Murphy
    Bullard

Van

Total Silence
    Kids Screaming while I'm watching the game
    Wife telling me to do the yard
    Watch Oprah

If the world was about to end and the only way to save it was to listen to Clyde.... Bye bye world

Clyde

19. eman

eman Contributing Member

Van and Calvin offered insight. I also loved it when Van called the play and, like he was running a video game, the Rox would run exactly what he'd called. Worrell's fine as the straight man. If I ever see-- or hear-- Cynthia Cooper again, I fear I'll have a frickin' stroke.

20. tmac

tmac Contributing Member

If only Van Chancellor spoke English, he'd be perfect because he knows a ton of basketball. Much more than the other guys. I can't believe I'm saying this, but out of all those people, I still would rather have his knowledge, even if I can only get about 2/3 of it.