1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What about Cato for Kwame Brown?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by boiler, Feb 28, 2004.

Tags:
  1. boiler

boiler Member

Cato for Kwame Brown

I like Cato's defense, his hustle. But we definitely need to beef up our PF position if we are going to be a legit contender. Cato would be doing great as a center in the East. Kwame Brown is disappointing so far. But I still believe he has the talent to be a decent PF. Wizard is doing very bad and is not very happy with Brown. So maybe we can have a deal with them. Any thought?

2. Matador

Matador Member

the trade deadline is past

3. boiler

boiler Member

I am talking about the future. Everybody knows we need a decent PF, but it's really hard to get one, plus we have no first round picks this year and probably next year.

4. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Also, they have Brendan Haywood established at center.

5. outlaw

outlaw Member

If ORL gets the top overall pick, how about this?

Cato + Mobley = #1 pick + Grant Hill + Pat Garrity

Draft Emeka Okafor with the top pick to start at PF
    Move Jim Jackson to 2G and start Garrity at SF (or Hill if by some miracle he gets healthy)

ORL gets rid of Grant's contract and gets two veteran starters to play with McGrady.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

what about Badiane?

Rocket River

7. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I think the best question is, what does everyone think of Kwame Brown's potential at this point? Sometimes he's good, but to me I just automatically think Joe Smith syndrome, with a slight possibility of Jermaine O'Neal. I don't like his attitude from what we've heard over and over. That whole 01 draft was kind of sketchy attitude-wise.

I don't think Washington would do it, and I even wonder if we'd be thrilled considering the recent Griffin thing we're all dying to forget about.

8. dcheng112

dcheng112 Member

No one would take Cato for Kwame Brown. Cato has a big contract and has very little upside. Kwame can potentially develop into a much better player than he is now.

9. pchan

pchan Member

I am all for robbing the wizards

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I don't think Orlando would trade the #1 pick. They are trying to keep T-Mac in Orlando, and drafting Okafor would give T-Mac a big reason to stay.

But I do think the Rockets need to find a way to move a little higher in the draft.

11. outlaw

outlaw Member

i don't think ORL would want Okafor since they already have Howard and Gooden signed to long term contracts.

12. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Kwame Brown??? why do the rockets need another young player who's full of potential. Give me someone who can produce now, not 5 years now.

13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I'm down for anything that brings Okafor to town. I mean the guy is class-act all the way around, not to metion one hellava shot-blocker, sound familiar?

Let the Dream's begin. :)

14. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Kwame was rated by people in washington as a soft PF with not much of team player.

15. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

You think having Juwon Howard would keep a team from drafting a stud PF? They could move Gooden to SF and Howard to center if they really wanted to keep both of them.

16. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Eddie Griffen for Kwame Brown...

.... I mean they both suck asss. especially after all the high expectations.

17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I think you need a nap.

18. lalala902102001

Unfortunately, Kwame Brown's trade value is greater than Cato's at this point.

19. voice

voice Member

trade cato for tyson chandler and try to get them to throw in eddy curry while they're at it. :D

20. Sane

Sane Member

If Orlando get the top pick, I'd love to have a Cato for Juwan Howard and Andrew Declerq deal. That would be great for us.

I'd love to have Jarvis Hayes off the Wizards. The guy would fit in with the Rockets really well.

Malik Rose would be a decent plaer to have next to Yao, but I can't see the Spurs dealing with us.