1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What about "2 Sandwiches"?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wardellp, Jul 20, 2004.

1. wardellp

wardellp Contributing Member

What about Thomas Hamilton at backup for Yao? He is 29. maybe we could sign him to the league minimum/ 1 yr. Until we figure out a long-term solution.

[​IMG]

Position: Center
    DOB: Thursday, April 3, 1975
    Height: 7-2
    Weight: 305 pounds
    College: Pittsburgh

Waived by the Houston Rockets on 1/13/00.

Waived by the Hornets on October 14, 2002

Where is this guy? He would be a big body,long arms, and he had nice touch. He just didn't get along with Rudy too well. :)

2. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Your kidding right? I hope he's kidding. :rolleyes:

3. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

Two sandwiches has not weighed 305 pounds since he was a senior in high school. Seriously though, he seems to always be out of shape and does not work real hard. Maybe JVG could do something with him though.

4. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

You want to bring a player into Jeff Van Gundy's locker room who Rudy T let walk because of attitude reasons?

Think about that for a second.

DH

5. wardellp

Kidding but it did cross my mind. Maybe JVG and Falsone cold whip him into shape. Or maybe he is 600 lbs now and is unrecognizeable. :D

6. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

If i remember correctly, which i rarely do, during a game at Sacremento, at halftime, he had some words with Rudy about his lack of playing time, and they kicked his ass off the team, sent him home, and he never played another game. Oh yeah, and the Rockets still had to pay the fat ass his 2 million. So forget about it. It ain't gonna happen.

7. wardellp

[​IMG]

What about Stnaley Roberts? I heard he has his weight down to 290 as is trying to get back into the league. Maybe him for the league minimum or ungauranteed contract. Last I heard, he was cut by Toronto last year and is playing over seas.

....By the way , why such the hostility? relax and breathe. this is just a thought.

What other big men are out there that can be had? Not many. I am fine with going into the season using Juwon as the Backup center / or Spoon can give Yao a breather.....

just a thought...relax..:)

8. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

I heard Shawn Kemp ate both of these guys.

9. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

How about Leon Smith? Or Roy Tarpley?

10. Juan Bon Jovi

Juan Bon Jovi Member

i saw hamilton dunk on shaq one time lets sign him

11. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

For a split second, I looked at this headline and was convinced it was another bad nickname idea for Yao and T-Mac.

12. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I have never seen a player give so little effort in an NBA game as this guy. No chance Van Gundy wants him.

13. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

There is a reason why his nickname is "Two Sandwiches". It's the only way to entice him to run back down the court.

14. Toast

Toast Member

Man, that was funny.

I remember the day that guy was cut. He complained about a lack of playing time and wanted more touches.

Or was it he complained about basketball getting in the way of his all you can eat buffet meals.

15. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

But he does make "Escalade" from the And1 Tour look like a VW Beetle.

16. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

LOL :D

17. mulletman

mulletman Member

after that, the rockets should trade for robert traylor and oliver miller. :)

18. Sane

Sane Member

The guy was talented. If he was in shape, he'd be a damn good NBA player. Too bad that never happened.

19. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

How about bringing Moses Malone, Elvin Hayes and perhaps Kareem while your at it!

20. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Anyone who watched the game he played against Boston would never watch the NBA again if he was allowed on to the court again. Dude just stopped playing. He walked up the court and looked at the bench at least 3-4 times while the game was going on. Rudy cut him maybe the day after or at the most a week after.