1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

What a loser....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets34Legend, Oct 7, 2004.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Who said she deserved it?? :confused:

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

You may be right, but I'd think parents of these girls should teach them more about how to dress, to help lessen the possibility of such things from happening. Kind of like telling someone to lock his door, even if it's wrong for thieves to steal his stuff anyway.

I have a sister in middle school. And as an older brother, I certainly do my best to educate her on these things. Because I know how boys, especially when she goes to high school, look at girls at these time. I'm not against her trying to be prettier, but there are many ways to be pretty without being slutty. That's a message that these girls should understand.

3. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Amen brother!

Pugs

4. xcharged

xcharged Member

Stupid people make stupid children.

5. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

After I posted, I went back and reread. I hoped to correct it before it was read, but I guess, you were posting as I was editing.

6. JayZ750

My bad. And, you're right in regards to the point that there should be more people getting on the boy for being such a dumbass.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If some kid did that to my daughter, I would hang him up to a tree by his nuts.

8. mulletman

mulletman Member

how can you give a girl wearing a thong, a wedgie? dont you get a wedgie the minute you put one of those things on?

9. Falcons Talon

Her thong wasn't even showing. He reached in and dug around for it. This kids a big turd!!! This statement nullifies any argument of "she shouldn't dress like that. He would have had no idea if she was wearing a thong or white cottons.

10. JayZ750

Falcon, nobody has made that argument.

11. Falcons Talon

I'm just trying to makes sense of how a thong has anything to do with a punk giving a girl a wedgie.
    Not an excuse, but I'm also on a new med and I'm having a little trouble focusing. Damn Ultracet.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

What are you talking about? Everybody has jumped to the conclusion that she's dressing in a slutty manner. Specifically: moestavern, you, JeffB, rockets #1, R2K, Meowgi, St Louis, Mr Mooch, Falcon (initially), meh, and Pugs.

The point of the thong is to avoid showing a pantyline through the cloth of some articles of clothing, like a summer dress or a pair of dress pants. It isn't by itself a slutty article of clothing. It has it's proper use. So, I don't know why everyone would assume she was dressing like a slut, especially when the article says the kid had to reach into her pants to grab it. Who knows if he even knew it was a thong.

13. JayZ750

What are you talking about? Everybody has jumped to the conclusion that she's dressing in a slutty manner. Specifically: moestavern, you, JeffB, rockets #1, R2K, Meowgi, St Louis, Mr Mooch, Falcon (initially), meh, and Pugs.

I am arguing that she shouldn't be wearing a thong. I am making no connection to whether or not the boy knew, should have known, would have acted differently if he did know, etc.

The point of the thong is to avoid showing a pantyline through the cloth of some articles of clothing, like a summer dress or a pair of dress pants. It isn't by itself a slutty article of clothing. It has it's proper use. So, I don't know why everyone would assume she was dressing like a slut, especially when the article says the kid had to reach into her pants to grab it. Who knows if he even knew it was a thong.

Who cares if he knew it was a thong or not. What he did was absolutely wrong, regardless of what he knew.

But, I still see no reason for a 15 year-old girl to be wearing a thong, especially in school. It has its purposes, but not for a extremely young girl at school.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

doubtful, the guy's name is Robert RammER, not RammIM.

and so did that thong afterward....! Cha Ching!

15. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I wasn't talking about her at all.

If you think most these kids are wearing thongs for their "legitimate purpose", you are just naive. It is a fashion trend. How can something you do not see be a fashion trend?

Why did the news report say "thong" instead of "underwear?"

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Oh, I don't care about what he knew. I think we can all ban together and villify the wedgie-giver. Everyone knows you don't do that to girls. I'm just surprised at how much abuse the girl is taking here for dressing like a slut when there is little indication that she is. So, on top of getting a wedgie, she has people across the country saying she dresses like a slut. I don't think that's fair, especially considering that it is very possible to wear a thong in a very modest manner.

17. TL

TL Contributing Member

Ding, ding, ding...

Yeah, some women wear the thing with the intention of showing it off and trying to be sexy, but some are just trying to get rid of the VPL.

And as a dude, I appreciate that. I recently moved to an area of the country where (apparently) thongs aren't as widespread. It makes me sad.

Anyway, the problem with the constant pulling up of the pants is due more to the low rider fad.

18. Falcons Talon

The bottom line is this. Regardless of what she was wearing, he forced himself on her and did something to her that she wanted NO part of. He was wrong. Punish him. Make him remember not to force himself on a female ever again. End of story.

I think Rockbox summed it all up when he said...

19. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Are they considered women at 15 years old?

Do we want them constantly pulling up their pants during class at school?

Why is it fashionable to "accessorize" thongs with beads and other crap if they are only seen due to the low rider fad?

20. Falcons Talon

At my school, we have a strict dress code policy to adress that situation. If it's seen, it's reported, whether they lift 'em or not. If we see thongs, they get sent in. (Not that I'm looking)