1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What’s the best Steakhouse in Houston?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nigel Thornberry, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Nigel Thornberry

Hahaha

2. Nigel Thornberry

Papas bbq is their worst restaurant by far

3. Nigel Thornberry

Reported

4. Nigel Thornberry

[​IMG]

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Brazilian steakhouses are a different category for me

Nigel Thornberry likes this.
  6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We did Perry's in Cinco Ranch for Xmas Eve and it was excellent, the one in Sugar Land, we always have bad experiences.
    Eddie V's is great
    Haven't been to Pappas in a while.

7. Nigel Thornberry

Perry’s has always been clutch for me. Amazing service and food. Expensive but not outrageous

8. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Vic and Anthony's has held the top spot for me and the wife for quite a while. Actually went for the first time on the recommendation of FFB/ @Roscoe Arbuckle . I've only been to Pappas twice, and it's been several years, but I was a little disappointed both times. I'll give it another shot sometime this year.

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

All this steak talk is making me super hungry. Gonna go pick up a bone in ribeye. A steak is just about the easiest thing to make at home.

vlaurelio and Harrisment like this.
  10. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Dairy Queen steak finger basket is probably the best in town.

11. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

On a serious note if you like grilling at home this website has some legit game meats that I couldn't find from any other supplier.

http://www.mountroyal.com

12. R0ckets03

[​IMG]

Prime bone in ribeye

[​IMG]

Seasoned with salt and pepper and house made garlic rosemary oil

[​IMG]

Seared on both sides for about 3 minutes

[​IMG]

Steak went into the oven in the copper pan for 4 minutes. Then while the steak rests for ten minutes, the potoatoes are fried in beef fat

[​IMG]

Served with slow roasted garlic and beef fat potatoes

[​IMG]

Sprinkle with some fleur de sel. The steak rested for ten minutes on a grate. The plate was warmed in the oven for 10 minutes to 400 degrees. Perfect medium rare.

[​IMG]

Enjoyed by me and my two gangster kids. Cost - less then $20 and just as good as any high end steakhouse.

#72 R0ckets03, Dec 27, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  13. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    The_Conquistador advises that most steakhouses serving Prime cuts of beef are extraordinarily high quality. That's a real dividing line to look for -- serving of prime beef as designed by the USDA. Select and Choice will be substandard (Chili's, Outback, etc). The differentiation for the top spots are mainly going to come down to sides, service, and ambiance. Almost all of my meals are now catered in house, however when I do appear in public, I'd recommend the following:

1. Pappas - Highest quality everything
    2. Steak 48 - Great scene, extraordinarily high quality
    3. Brennan's - Outstanding cajun/creole theme with great steak (perhaps a different category)
    4. Del Frisco's - Very good all around

Don't go:
    1. Perry's -- crowd is on the rough side
    2. Vic & Anthony's - Not good value for money. Very ordinary. Handy if you're going to the Astros game, but that's it. Once I sat next to some type of service dog while dining there. I was outraged and had to be restrained.
    3. Eddie V's -- Steak 48 replaced it as the "see and be seen" steakhouse. Crowd can be bad on some nights.
    4. Chains - Ruth's Chris, Morton's, Capital Grille -- All will be OK, but 1-4 above are better options.

As a caveat, I have yet to go to Killen's, but have heard very good things.

GOOD DAY

RocketBlood and Mr. Clutch like this.
  14. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

True. Blind people should be required to sit at home and never enjoy themselves with a night out at a restaurant.

That comment is downright disgusting. That is all.

hvic and Nigel Thornberry like this.
  15. R0ckets03

I'm sure the service dog was equally repulsed by you

16. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Come on, no one wants to sit next to a dog when they are at a nice restaurant. I don't care how virtuous you are. Keep it 100. I love dogs by the way. They should have sat the dog in a corner or at a distance to the other diners. At the risk of sounding insensitive, if the person was blind, they wouldn't know the difference as to where they were sitting.

GOOD DAY

17. marky :)

marky :) Member

Rofl.

Or at least replace the real dog with a stuffed animal right?? The nerve of some people.

18. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Or replace their NY strip with a sirloin. **** em' right?

19. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Sure... Even if it was an IHOP I wouldn't want to sit next to somebodies pet. This was not a pet, it was a service dog. I don't understand how you can't see the difference. And to be so furious to the point of having to be restrained is downright pathetic. If you were that uncomfortable you should have requested a different table. If they couldn't accommodate you could always choose another restaurant (you know, since it was that big of a deal).

20. Nook

Nook Member

Meh I have a dozen dogs now at the farm in Ohio. I take a golden retriever with me almost all of the time. He goes to work with me and sleeps in my office, I take him to all of the department or hardware stores and have taken him to a number of restaurants. No one says a damn word to me about it. My wife one time took my dog to a hardware store and they asked her to leave. Other than that, I have taken him to hundreds of places without any negative comments. Maybe because I wear a suit to work no one complains, I don't know.

R0ckets03 likes this.