1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Western Conference Semifinals: (2) Oklahoma City vs. (3) LA Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 4, 2014.

?

(2) Oklahoma City vs. (3) LA Clippers

Poll closed May 6, 2014.
  1. Thunder in 4

1.4%
  2. Thunder in 5

2.9%
  3. Thunder in 6

20.0%
  4. Thunder in 7

24.3%
  5. Clippers in 7

20.0%
  6. Clippers in 6

28.6%
  7. Clippers in 5

1.4%
  8. Clippers in 4

1.4%
  1. langal

langal Contributing Member

You are absolutely crazy if you think OKC would out draw Los Angeles in ratings.

Why do you watch this game if the results are predetermined?

You really think the NBA is rigged? Teams from San Antonio and OKC are contenders and the Lakers, Knicks, and Celtics don't even make the playoffs. Either they are totally incompetent (much to incompetent to run a multi billion dollar business) or maybe the league is not rigged and tonight was just crappy refs.

2. downbytheriver

Post 510. Called it when KD was 3-18... Ended up with 10 pts in final 3. :cool::cool:

3. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

good call. that was such bull**** when they shot KD's long contested 3 for him and made Crawford jack up a rainbow 3 and made CP3 turn it over. unbelievable man so rigged!!! :mad::mad::mad:

4. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Then we are arguing different things. Iso ball to close out games is fairly universal. Running that the entire game is just dumb though.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Deandre went full hibbert this game

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Outside of Pop and Carlisle, you don't have any great coaching left.

So teams now just stack up the most talent, and let that talent take over.

If you think Spo is a great coach, watch 3 random Heat games and you just leave shaking your head.

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

cP3 a true leader..."Its on me..."

8. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Every team makes mistakes, but that's no excuse for blatant bad calls. You can always say if you do everything right, even refs grab your arms you will still win.

9. MONON

MONON Member

With all of Doc's rants & the comments from the TNT announcers & post game crew, it'll be interesting to see how the NBA handles this!

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Nets: They pass and move the ball much more than OKC. What are you watching?

Pacers: Vogel is the one guy in your list who's as poor an offensive coach as Bonehead. But at least he brings great defensive schemes to the table.

Heat: Sorry, gotta disagree. Spoelstra is no offensive genius, but he's better than Bonehead in that regard. His player substitutions also make a lot more sense (at least to me). He's also more open to making changes when something doesn't work.

Bulls: Thibs blows Bonehead away. Not sure where you are going here. The Bulls offense has plenty of movement, cutting and passing. They lack talent on offense. Understand, I'm not saying Thibs is Pop.

Raptors: Don't watch them often, but when I did, they clearly moved the ball more and offered more variety on offense than OKC.

Leave Pop and Carlisle out of it. Nobody is mentioning them but you.

11. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Got him on the elbow. It was quite obvious.

Clipps had like 2 turnovers and a missed layup in the final 30 seconds or so, can't blame refs for that.

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

well, with the rule they just posted on Inside the NBA, looks like they actually made the right call by the book. but that's no fun to argue about /conspiracy

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Mad respect to Doc Rivers for speaking the truth.. Hopefully he doesn't get fined. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NBAPlayoffs&amp;src=hash">#NBAPlayoffs</a></p>&mdash; Patrick Patterson (@pdpatt) <a href="https://twitter.com/pdpatt/statuses/466439102125318144">May 14, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Wow...... Are u serious?????</p>&mdash; BRANDON JENNINGS (@BrandonJennings) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrandonJennings/statuses/466435970775396352">May 14, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I'm not talking about great coaching. I'm talking about running actual plays. There are lots of NBA teams that don't just run iso all game. It's lazy coaching and Scott Brooks is one of the best at it. The Blazers were running more sets against us than the Thunder ever run.

15. langal

langal Contributing Member

Yeah that makes sense. Let's risk our multi-billion dollar business for lower ratings. Clips in the Finals would be a HUGE story and the casual fan would actually tune in and the ratings would far exceed last year

Oh we just hate James Harden and Dwight so much too. Who cares that Lin in the Finals would be international news?

Clips got robbed and it sucked but we should maintain a modicum of reason.

16. jayland

jayland Member

Chris Paul pulled a Jeremy Lin at the end of the game. Instead of waiting for the foul he jumped in the air and turned the ball over for some inexplicable reason.

17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

NBA Official Rules Rule No. 8, Section 11

'If a player has his hand in contact with the ball and an opponent hits the hand causing the ball to go out-of-bounds, the team whose player had his hand on the ball will retain posession.'

1 person likes this.
  18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

They will fine Doc the maximum (somewhere between $15,000-$50,000).

I'm curious if they will release a statement admitting any calls were blown.

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Barkeley has a "...but" queued up for every argument against the refs before he can even come up with a response. "..but...well..yeah......but...the refs are human"

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Can't remember off the top of my head when this has been ever been applied after a video review.