1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Western Conference Semifinals: (1) San Antonio vs. (5) Portland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 4, 2014.

?

(1) San Antonio vs. (5) Portland

Poll closed May 6, 2014.
  1. Spurs in 4

18.0%
  2. Spurs in 5

30.3%
  3. Spurs in 6

31.1%
  4. Spurs in 7

13.1%
  5. Blazers in 7

0.8%
  6. Blazers in 6

6.6%
  7. Blazers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Blazers in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

Everyone for both teams fouls out every game, both coaches ejected every game, series ends in draw, nobody advances, rockets play mavs in one game series to play winner of okc/clips series.

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

Spurs in 6 on their way to winning it all.

3. Asian Sensation

A lot of salty people in this thread. If the Blazers were good enough to beat us they should be more than competitive and good enough to beat the Spurs.

4. RoxDC

RoxDC Member

The thing is that we didn't have answers to Lillard and Aldridge. The Spurs have Parker and Duncan who both have significant star power. Will be interesting to see who gets calls.

5. afk

afk Member

I hope Spurs sweep them.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I got Spurs in 7, but I hope it's Spurs in 4 blowouts.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I can't imagine any series being officiated the same way the rockets/blazers series was.

I don't see how Portland wins more than one

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Portland gets one out of a hot shooting night.

Spurs are going to expose this team. They take too many jumpers and the Spurs will just defend the 3 point line and basically ask them "Okay so what now?" they will never let them get confidence.

They have plenty of bigs to attack LMA and defend him and Parker is going to shred Lillard to pieces.

They are not going to let good leads go to waste like the Rockets do either.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Spurs are the #1 seed. It's completely rational that they'd win this series.

10. i3artow i3aller

11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

the spurs took 7 games just to beat the damn mavs.... the blazers are for more talented and more athletic at every position. i just dont see how you guys are thinking the spurs will take it easily.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

hope that jinxed it for them.

7 games series. I do not care who wins. I am hating both teams now.

13. krouchchocolate

If it does. Pop will call out the officiating!

14. Fefo

Fefo Member

this will be a close series. Portland matches really well with the spurs over the last years. It can go either way, but i think the spurs experience will give them the series in 6 or 7 games.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

If Duncan gets treated the way we were defending Aldridge, Pop is happily going to take that $100k fine.

16. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

People thinking portland stands a chance. Thinking that mchale didn't gift the trailblazers that series. The spurs are going to destroy this team.

17. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Blazettes already won their Championship in Game 6...streamers after getting out of the first round? Who does that?

I'm almost certain that the Blazettes won't be getting preferential treatment from the officials like they did in our series...in fact I'll guarantee that LMA gets called at least twice in the first two games for his patented push off, Lillard too.

If the NBA is about paying your dues, then pony up Portland.

Btw: I wouldn't hate Portland so much if they actually won the series fair & square, but to have the series ripped from us like that by the biased officials & a cheating shot clock operator has left a bitter taste in my mouth...those streamers will come back to bite them in the backside very soon.

Edit: I admit that a rebound in Game 1 would've won it, so would a Time out after Lin grabbed that rebound, if Harden played liked he did in Game 6 every game, Parsons played the second half of games & we would've had a chance of redemption in Game 7 if McHale knew how to draw up a defensive play to stop a 3 off an out of bounds play...but the truth is if the officiating was fair we would never have been in that position to start with.

Even Reggie Miller was astonished, even embarrassed for us when he was commentating...same with Hubie Brown.

End Rant.

Kill 'em Spurs.

#57 IzakDavid13, May 5, 2014
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
  18. VanityHalfBlack

All Popovich has to do is watch film, capitalize on Rockets mistake and the blueprint is already there even before the game started. This is an easy win for the Spurs.

19. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

The bench is the key

The spurs bench is FAR superior to the blazers. Also who is going to guard parker? he is going to destroy lillard

20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

There may be salty people, but the Rockets were good enough to build double-digit leads in every game (except one) and that's with the lopsided officiating benefiting Portland.

The Spurs offense is much better and more organized that the Rockets', there's no denying that. They have better late game execution and a more disciplined defense. They won't lose their leads and they won't panic into iso offense, so matchup-wise, the Spurs will make this a quick series.