1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Western Conference Semifinals: (1)Golden State vs. (5)Memphis

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 29, 2015.

?

(1) Golden State vs. (5) Memphis

Poll closed May 2, 2015.
  1. Warriors in 4

1.3%
  2. Warriors in 5

23.3%
  3. Warriors in 6

25.8%
  4. Warriors in 7

15.7%
  5. Grizzlies in 7

18.2%
  6. Grizzlies in 6

13.2%
  7. Grizzlies in 5

1.3%
  8. Grizzlies in 4

1.3%
  1. Remix

Remix Member

haha exactly my thoughts. This is how a legit team responds when it's in danger of falling down 3-1 in a series

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

cmon son. Warriors hate/Memphis love is understandable, but no objective person could say the refs are having any impact in this game. How about the MVP finally playing like the MVP?

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Point being This game should be a lot closer than what it is.

4. adobo

adobo Member

Of course it doesn't....but the conclusion can take away from it is very objective...

I am very unbiased watching this game...and I do not see any ref cooking at all...there may have been 1 or 2 calls which i thought Memphis were hard done by.....but that is the game of basketball my friend

1 person likes this.
  5. ibm

ibm Member

refs dont seem to favor any team in this game. they just simply suck.

other than that, i am enjoying a great ball game.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Pretty obvious IMO. Zbo and gasol with 1 ft is obvious especially as aggressive as they've been.

7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I know you're used to games with teams shooting 90+ combined free throws, but that's not usually how it works, bruh.

So answer me this: do you hate the Warriors? Are you rooting for Memphis?

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Tony Brothers is a terrible referee. Easily the worst one that gets assigned to these big games.

They are not favoring anyone but they do flat out suck.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

No. Definitely wanting to watch a good game. That's why I'm bringing this up. Curious did you think that was a foul on Jeff green on curry

10. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Eh, I personally don't like those calls when the offensive player initiates all the contact, but every 'star' gets that call.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

I agree but when the defender is actually out of balance and lands towards the player but green was going backwards away from curry. That was a terrible call. Btw Conley was just in the same situation as curry and didnt get a call on bogut

Oh well let's see what the rest of the this game brings

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

And they didn't call the same one just now for Curry :)... I agree with the other posters that say the refs have been bad, but I don't think it's favored either team. GS is just beating that ass at this point. That could change at any moment if they start missing and Memphis starts making, however. Memphis has missed a lot of good looks that they were making the past couple games.

13. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Others team double so effortlessly, Rockets double and think the possession is over

14. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

lmfao... refs... even what couldn't find a way to blame the refs for this.

15. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

For those of you hyping up the Memphis crowd, now is the time for them to bring the Grizz back into the game...oh but it won't happen

1 person likes this.
  17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Damn, I haven't been able to stop hearing 'it' ever since you mentioned 'it'. Not sure if really nasty short-haired woman or pre-pubescent boy. They should ban people like that from sitting near the mics.

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

Grizz look like they have a case of "Rocket's Brain Freeze." Can't hit jumpers, can hit lay ups, can't defend, can't move, can't think....can't win.

19. trer

trer Member

Adjustments Steve Kerr made in game 4

1. Control tempo. Do not let Memphis dictate pace.
    2. Put Quicker Harrison Barnes on Zach Randolph
    3. Double every Memphis possession down low. Do not let Gasol or Randolph get in a rhythm.
    4. Got Draymond Green offensive looks in the first so he could re-establish himself.
    5. Go back to the making the extra pass.
    6. Look to penetrate and not rely on shooting contested threes

Just a few things I've noticed that got the Warriors back on track. This why you pay good coaches the big bucks. And these are things I'm not seeing McHale doing.

20. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Alright, at least I'm not the only one that thinks this thing is annoying as ****. Damn near making it unwatchable with the volume on.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You can hear a Memphis fan on TNT , she keeps yelling her voice is so annoying lol</p>&mdash; Evan Fournier (@EvanFourmizz) <a href="https://twitter.com/EvanFourmizz/status/597964750912380928">May 12, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>