1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Western Conference Semifinals: (1)Golden State vs. (5)Memphis

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 29, 2015.

?

(1) Golden State vs. (5) Memphis

Poll closed May 2, 2015.
  1. Warriors in 4

1.3%
  2. Warriors in 5

23.3%
  3. Warriors in 6

25.8%
  4. Warriors in 7

15.7%
  5. Grizzlies in 7

18.2%
  6. Grizzlies in 6

13.2%
  7. Grizzlies in 5

1.3%
  8. Grizzlies in 4

1.3%
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

whats the rest of the quote? if nothing then not sure whats wrong with this when its true.

2. TDRox

TDRox Member

What's wrong with that? Are you kidding? Real champions don't make excuses, especially ridiculous ones like that. Blaming a loss on your own MVP ceremony is absurd. Blame the refs, blame poor shooting, give credit to the Grizz defence, but to blame it on a frikkin' MVP ceremony before the game? Might as well blame it on the national anthem singer or having diarrhoea before the game or something. Ridiculous.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

nobody's a champion on that roster. that's why i asked what the rest of the context of that quote was. did he deliberately say we lost because of what was quoted. i hope you realize something like that does have affect as far as preparation for games

4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Easy, big fella.

5. TDRox

TDRox Member

I'm not disputing that it doesn't have an effect on the game, I'm saying you don't say or use that as an excuse. Lots of things affect your game, maybe you have an injury or your girlfriend broke up with you before the game, whatever. An MVP winner (not champion then, sorry) doesn't use excuses, much less an absurd excuse at that. That's the point, not that it's true or not.

6. what

what Member

well you know what: since most people were predicting a warriors sweep and a 20 point victory for them last night, I can live with the fact that people are all the sudden unsure about how this series is going to end up.

the grizzlies, it should be noted, aren't playing for RESPECT, they have enough of that right now, the grizzlies are a seasoned team that believes that they can win it all this year, so if the dubs are going to beat them (or if anybody is going to beat them), they better strap up because the grizzlies aren't going to lay down in this series.

The grizzlies know that this is their year to do it if they are going to do it.

7. TDRox

TDRox Member

Thanks for your 2 cents big guy, but up here in Canada, we've done away with the penny, so we just round up or down, which means 2 cents is now worth zero, much like your comment.

1 person likes this.
  8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Nah, it used to be called at 16 seconds (the ref had a brain fart and made a mistake) but since they added tenths of a second to the shot clock it is now 15, because when it hits 16 seconds there is still 16.9 seconds, meaning that only 7.1 second have gone off.

9. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

2-11 from 3.....MVP though ayyy lmao

Big Dick Conley showed him whats up. Really pulling for the Grizzlies *** the Warriors

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I can vouch for this.

Conley is da the true MVP.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden needs to don the mask

12. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Come on, Conley a two way player. All that wasted energy on defense and no stats to show for, that's silly. Soup Nazi says "no MVP for you"!

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope you are right, I really, really hope so.

(Because we can beat the Grizzlies...)

:grin: ;)

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wait, you haven't heard? He makes a LOT of 3's in practice. There are even videos of this.

15. what

what Member

you guys have your hands full with the clippers

16. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

The Clippers and Spurs were the only two teams I didn't want the Grizzlies to have to face.

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The Warriors are really the only team I didn't want to see the Rockets face. So hopefully we both get our wish and see a Rockets vs. Grizzlies Western Conference Finals!

18. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I see what you did there. Just like how Dallas and Houston wanted to play against each other, right?

19. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

It would be insane if Grizz beat the Warriors and we beat the Clippers.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Bears usually own the Clippers. I give you that.