1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Western Conference just got even tougher

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by smartxtai, Jun 29, 2007.

1. smartxtai

smartxtai Contributing Member

With the addition of Oden/Frye to Portland and with Seattle getting Durant/Green, I think that's now two additional up and coming strong teams that can have quite an impact this season.

how much tougher will this western conference get???

2. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I'm more afraid of Portland than Seattle. Seattle gets an incomplete from me though. They don't have a coach yet, and that's going to be a major part of their potential success. Portland's lineup looks scary right now. I think they are one quality PG away from contending for a championship...this is assuming Oden isn't a bust.

3. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

don't worry man, they're still 2-3 yrs away from being contenders. right now, they're possibly playoff contenders, portland moreso than seattle.

i actually think seattle is gonna suck major next yr b/c they're just so young and have no defense at all.

portland will contend for the playoffs but still a few yrs away.

we're still at least a top 4 team in the west. just need to plug that PF position by trading away some of our guards and we're straight.

4. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

ya im not too worried about it yet..still too inexperienced and one of the teams has no coach..

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

And the Rockets got smaller.

6. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Any smaller and we will disappear. :(

7. htownbball

htownbball Member

Portland does have a good PG. Jarrett Jack. But man...they have pretty much all the parts. I think the key will be how Martell Webster does.

Oden/Pryzbilla
    Aldridge/Frye
    Webster/Nichols
    Roy/Udoka
    Jack/Rodriguez

McRoberts
    Outlaw
    Green
    Miles

Nichols was a great pick for them. Gives them a true outside threat. If Webster struggles, look for Nichols to get alot of minutes.

8. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Nichols went to NY in the Randolph trade. They are getting James Jones though.