1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Western Conference Finals

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by RedNation, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

Don't try to teach me what type of draft this is. I'm not new to this. Why did you ignore my point that you probably believe Lowry is better than Cousy because Lowry is strong and faster? You've been proven to contradict yourself in multiple voting threads and now your trying to justify not voting for my players based on 2 of my older players...ya go ahead and ignore Dream, Drexler, Dr.J, Walt Frazier, Earl Monroe and Chris Mullin :rolleyes:

2. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

3. Horry33

Alright I'll stop arguing with this guy. Later fellas.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Look, basketball is a game of match-ups and you can own an opponent and match-up terrible with your next opponent. Having the bigger names doesn't mean anything if they don't form a well thought-out unit that lacks in certain aspects.

And if you think a guy like Schayes helps you in these draft because he had great stats and accomplishments(completely leaving out what kind of player he was and the level of competetion) then you really don't understand what this is about. You have an all-time pool and try to draft the best team, not the best names or biggest collection of trophies and nominations.

Your Cousy point is stupid and you just invented something out of your azz now because you don't know any better.

You're looking bad whining about your losses, blaming the judges over "screwing up" and dismissing your opponents.

5. Horry33

For the record...thanks to all the judges for taking the time to vote

6. Jamers

Jamers Member

i still think you could have win this draft with Rondo/Nash point guard. or even maybe unselfish SF like pippen, Bird, Lebron...

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That's one of the crucial points we all are making.

He needs a unselfish PG that can also knock down open jumpers and 3s. Then suddenly his whole team would be improved in a big manner.
    His starting five of course looks epic by names and stats, but I don't see them working as good as possible.

8. Horry33

Thanks for the input Jamers. I was just going by what was posted in the original post. Frontcourt, Backcourt, Bench, Offense, Defense, and Chemistry. "Based on these categories, you will decide the winner." Based on these categories I believe my team is better in all categories except Offense maybe because I don't have a pass first playmaker like Magic who i'm going up against.

9. RedNation

Id disagree but that's why we don't vote on our own matchups.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I think that scheme was not the best idea, already said you can't strictly divide a team into categories and determine by who wins the most.

Of course you should take all these things into the equation, but in the end it goes down to what unit you see having the upper hand in a series.

11. RedNation

Yung. T
    I like the nash dirk combo a lot. Can't vote against that for offense. Can't vote against nash.

1 person likes this.
  12. Jamers

Jamers Member

After you drafted Drexler in the 3rd round.. i thought it was over for the rest of us lol..

I remember you have Olajuwon, McHale, Drexler at the same time with upcoming picks.. Then you drafted Cousy which is the best PG available and i was like.. damn.. it's over.. finally you started trading them and i lol...

13. RedNation

123rockets syndrome

14. Jamers

Jamers Member

RedNation, start the new draft please. I'm really bored lol

15. RedNation

After the finals.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Wrong thread?

17. RedNation

No. This seems to be the proper place for arguments.

18. Jamers

Jamers Member

they're going up against Isiah thomas and Tim Duncan lmao

19. RedNation

So? Nash is amazing. GOAT ;)

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That's my key point in this match-up. Prime Thomas and Timmy vs. Nash and Dirk, who can't guard anyone? Raaaape.
    Then Big Ben and Marion off the bench who can help out, too. Seeing Dirk defending Duncan in the post and Nash trying to cover Thomas would be comedy.