1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook was awful

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JayZ750, Dec 3, 2020.

1. riko

riko Member

Same el espania Ricky Rubio whom Harden usually practises his ankle breaking crossovers on?

2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Actually, for a good chunk of the season he wasn't awful and was playing inspired basketball. Those who were optimistic about his fit (including me) were on the way to being proven right.

Then, Russ got hurt, COVID happened, and he was AWFUL in the playoffs, leading to Harden booting him out of town.

He was so bad in the playoffs that I will eat crow. It was a bad move, and Paul had a better year.

pr0wler, Ramo$e, Jayzers_100 and 2 others like this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

So his shortened, injured covid season on a brand new team with another ball dominant guard was the worst since his rookie ...?

So his injured playoff season on a brand new team with another ball dominant guard was the worst of his career......?

I think the expectations for Wall are going to too high based on the **** WB gets..... especially in another shortened season.

4. dmoneybangbang

This. WB was bad for us in general..... but some folks are taking it too far because of the MVP rivalry. Worse... they can't even see how the situations are similar.

JayGoogle likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well this is progress, at least now you are just making excuses for why Westbrook is absolute trash rather than trying to convince people that he isn't trash.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

too bad Russ has declined heavily since then

KD also was nowhere near the creator Harden is...Harden is a better passer and facilitator than Russ, KD wasn’t

there’s zero justification for putting the ball in his hands more than Harden

u really think Russ would’ve been out there running pristine offense and making the best of decisions if he was made the primary playmaker...no, we would’ve got more midrange bricks, outta control drives to the rim, more turnovers, and more terrible, off-target passes

pr0wler and YOLO like this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, he was trash all season long if you look at more than just the raw stats he compiled. Now he was MUCH worse in the playoffs, but at no point was Westbrook a good player.

8. dmoneybangbang

I've always said he isn't as bad as you emotional posters make him to be..... Harden was always better but if you can't understand why Harden should play off ball more (and actually move) then you simply aren't basketball savvy. The same was true, but less so next to CP3. The same will be true next to John Wall.

Rockets fan vs Harden fan.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Well Westbrook is the one who demanded a trade and wasn’t even reporting for training camp. His value was sh*t, and when your value is that low, u end up with John Wall and a protected pick in return.

CF seems to think Russ was worth lottery picks or young players

pr0wler, Ramo$e, Richie_Rich and 2 others like this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, there's nothing emotional about it killer, it's just facts. I can show you stats that back up him being absolute garbage and I have many times....yet the Westbrook apologists keep making excuses and talking him up as if he was a good player.

I think I get it though, those who hate Harden always look to blame them for the failure of others, was true with Lin apologists, is true now with Westbrook apologists. To me, Westbrook being absolute trash has nothing at all to do with Harden.

It's a bad look.

11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I disagree. There was a several week period where he was playing some great basketball. Specifically, it was during a time when James was in a bad shooting slump if I remember correctly. I could go pull stats and tweets and stuff but I don't feel like it. I also understand that advanced analytics don't like his game, and he was awful in the for a chunk of the season and playoffs.

pr0wler and dmoneybangbang like this.
  12. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

At least Wall can't powerplay like CP and Westbrook did the last 2 years. He knows he's not better than Harden lol

Harden's not playing without the ball. Forget it. Build the team around that. John Wall wants to resurrect his career by playing second fiddle? Welcome aboard.

Ramo$e likes this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

Not to the point where he couldn't play some two man game with WB..... That's just absurd..... Don't be stupid.

But KD and Harden are shooters compared to Russ.....

Again..... this is the same issue we had with CP3. And we will have the same issue with John Wall.....

If you want WB to take less bad shots then harden should take them.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Of course I don't think the bolded. Seriously..... why do you emotional posters have to resort to such extremes and hyperbole. Are you incapable of discussion basketball without it?

Have you ever considered it takes time adjusting to a new team after being the primary ball handler? How the hell do you think Steven Adams (a non shooting big) worked it out with Russ?

Victorious likes this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

LOL. It's all emotional because you make hyperbolic, extreme statements to justify your position.

Bro.... you can't tell any poster what's a bad look based on your entire history here.

15. dmoneybangbang

You do...it was during the time Harden was going like 2-17 behind the arc.

D'Antoni: James Harden's current slump is worst in four seasons

T for 3 likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

None of it is hyperbolic, you're just delusional about what caliber of player Westbrook is. What I've said is grounded by metrics proving what I'm saying is verifiably true.

Nonsense, I think I can tell you EXACTLY what's a bad look. I'm something of an expert on the subject in fact.

17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It’s insane how not everyone is appalled by this trade. Honestly even if Wall comes back healthy and proves to be a better fit than Westbrook; yesterday, when the deal was made, we should have gotten better assets attached to Wall, and there is no debating that.

We traded a current All NBA player for someone who hasn’t played an NBA game in two years and a pick that’ll never be high and the earliest it can be conveyed is three years from now.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

LOL, yeah I’m sure some random 2 man game with Russ as the primary decision maker would’ve been so deadly...

they did play 2 man game, Harden got doubled and passed it to Russ, and for a few months he was able to drive to the rim and finish, but that didn’t last

and Harden is the better passer, facilitator, decision maker, smarter player, etc compared to Russ

Harden is a better PG than Russ, KD wasn’t a PG. Stop trying to compare the 2, it doesn’t work

the only issue we had with CP3 is that he fell off a cliff his 2nd season here...

So u want Harden to take 30 shots a game? Russ had 34% usage, just stop...

Why the hell would I care about what Steven Adams was doing. OKC was ranked 17th, 10th, and 17th offensively with Westbrook running the show, so nothing he was doing down there was impressive. Harden with those same rosters would be running top 5 offenses.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  19. dmoneybangbang

Nope. I know exactly what kind of player WB is..... and what type of player he should be next to Harden.

LOL. Fair point considering all your bad history.

But nah.... I'm a Rockets fan who wants what's best for the team. If Harden isn't going to change then I don't see the point in continuing with him.

20. juanm34

juanm34 Member

We overpaid for Westbrick, which makes it look like we sold low. I’m surprised he sold at all.

pr0wler likes this.