1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook trades?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pr0wler, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Fefo

Fefo Member

so you are trying to tell me that you believe the rumours of milwakee teaming up the two worst shooters in the league in the same team, and in that deal they will give a 50/40/90 guy?
    Can you even imagine the spacing of milwakee with Giannis, Russ, brook lopez and bledsoe, haahhaa.
    Guys be realistic. Russ value is super low. He is injury prone, already got 3 cirguries on his knees and he will age really badly, as he cant shoot to save his life. His contract is horrific and still 3 years left, and he didnt really made himself a service with his play lately.
    Granted, hes got corona virus and everything, but nobody is giving us anything of value, except another horrible contract, like injury prone Blake . At this point i dont even see the sixers giving horford for him , as their spacing is terrible too, and i think simmons is a keeper.

HP3 and TheRealist137 like this.
  2. fattz

fattz Member

The first word was IF

#102 fattz, Sep 19, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    Fefo likes this.
  3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Should be the your trade right here. 3 team deal with Pistons, Pacers, Sending Griffin to Houston and Westbrook to Indiana.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yxrxknp9

Obviously Its even trade. Everyone gets what they need. Rockets take a Crack at Griffin. If he's in and out of the lineup so be it, at least they can now focus the ball threw harden with PJ and Covington. Turner and Brodan will make Houston above the top as they compliment harden unlike Westbrook did.

Reason Detroit does it they can put 3 shooters around Derrick rose now, and retain Gordon or let his contract expire, while getting out of Griffin contract. 1 lessen year of Griffin contract compared to Westbrook, plus the potential of Griffin actually be healthy and working out for Houston. Pacers will see domination with Olidpo and Westbrook in the east with that team they got over there in Indiana.

4. fattz

fattz Member

I like the Pacers part but the Griffin part just clogs everything up. (Health, contract, and fit). We need to just keep Gordon instead of sell him for broken players. With the exit of Westbrook, Gordon’s value to our team increases. We will need shooting and defense on the perimeter with our new big in the paint. To many bigs in today’s game is counterproductive.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why would they do a Middleton trade after these playoffs?

Russ and Giannis are playing similar styles of bball.

Middleton played the Playoffs of his life while Russ was below average at best...

This doesn't make any sense to me, let's just trade Giannis. ;)

6. fattz

fattz Member

Please read the first part of the post.

7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

You have us taking on an extra 10 million in salary. That will never happen under Tillman.

8. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Untimely quad injury.

amaru, hakeem94 and ApacheWarrior like this.
  9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Dang Coronavirus.....probably made his soft tissues softer

Gobert suffer with Covid for months. Westbrook delayed restart supposedly because of Covid-19

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

If I'm a Pacers fan, I'd be pisssssssssssssssssssed after that trade.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Russ probably pushed too hard too quickly after having to stay in bed for a few days.

Hell, if I'm sick in bed for even one day, I'll pull a hamstring and crack a rib just sitting up.

12. amaru

amaru Member

Unless you can change both Harden and Westbrook's mind, if you trade one you have to trade the other. So essentially a Westbrook trade is a rebuild. Is Tilman ready for that?

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Those are philosophical and rhetorical questions.

amaru likes this.
  14. DooghMaster9

DooghMaster9 Member

100%... From a business perspective, I’d go as far as to say his trade value is very high for teams like you mentioned. Russ can fill seats in places like Charlotte - he can sell to certain fan bases.

it’s almost comical that people think otherwise. Yes, he’s not sought after by 75% of the league but the other 25% counts too.
    Add 3 team deals in the mix and there are many possibilities. It’s times like this I’m glad Morey is our guy.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

DooghMaster9 likes this.
  16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Russ was bad in the playoffs.

EG was horrible. And unfortunately his upcoming contract might be even more untradeable.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Eric Gordon was fine the playoffs...like he was okay. Performed fine. I think you can trade him if he shows up in the regular season for a couple games. Russ on the other hand .....is impossible. We would have to pay someone to take him.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

EG was horrible. He played huge minutes and was mostly bad. He had a few ok games. He shot extremely poor. He turned the ball over. And for some reason folks thought he was good defensively. He wasn’t.

mikol13 and HP3 like this.
  19. Caprah

Caprah Member

No one wants dumbrick

20. HP3

HP3 Member

I know he was straight up trash vs OKC. That's where a lot of those stats are coming from. He was very very bad in that series. However from game 7 onward, he averaged over 18 points a game on above 60% TS. That's not un tradable. And EG is constantly asked to guard guys outside of his position. The PIMP are good but just adding a little bit of context here. I highly doubt that he's un tradable. He's nowhere near a comparison to Westbrook. If he comes out playing well at the beginning of the season, we'll have some offers.

baller4life315 likes this.