1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook Trade ideas!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tycoonchip, Sep 10, 2020.

1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Blame Griffin would be an astronomical upgrade

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

I've already made this joke in another topic, but still laughing at the thought of trading Harden for Giannis to pair with WB and a bunch of scrub/streaky shooters.

Jontro likes this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

or we can amnesty him.

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Gross....

Fulgore and topfive like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yeah what Washington would say

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If we throw in 2 first round picks, maybe, just maybe, OKC would want to trade Chris Paul for Westbrook. The contracts match.

7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

seems like a pretty square deal. They’re both overpaid/same age. Russ is the better player but has the extra year on his deal. Only issue is Blake can’t shoot the 3 ball for ****. Definitely would bring the pick and roll/lob threat back.

8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I think the Knicks would take him. They’ve been Star hungry for years..

Maybe we can get Mitchell Robinson and 27th pick plus salary filler aka. Taj Gibson and sign and trade Moe Harkless.

9. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I think you can get Simmons, Tobis harris, for Westbrook. Not bad haul.
    Plus you trade Eric Gordon for Sabonis and Lamb upgrade.

Simmons ceiling could be pretty good here soon, and harris proven 20ppg scorer. Think you get better bench with the trades, stronger team to add with what squad they have now. They just lack a bench. Simmons could step in for westbrook.

BigShasta likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t even think we’d have to attach any assets to Russ in a trade for Blake

Blake’s been hitting threes at high volume for a big for several years now...Russ makes him look like Karl Towns

pr0wler likes this.
  11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

astronomical injury bug, he would be injured before harden could get to play next to him.

baller4life315 likes this.
  12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Shame on some of you for even entertaining the thought of Blake Griffin on this team.

I’d rather have Russ than that washed up, fake tough guy, unaccomplished loser any day of the week.

mikol13 and FrontRunner like this.
  13. jowman

jowman Member

Hate Blake the person. Haven’t watched him play in awhile so can’t comment on his game

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

To the Knicks for nobody.

Then go get Llull with a legit offer.

Saves Tillman $$$. Llull a better fit with Harden.

seriously...fly Hakeem, Harden and Tillman out to Spain and get Daryl to write him a fat check.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  15. finsraider

finsraider Member

Also, Blake is a horrible idea. Absolutely terrible.

FrontRunner and baller4life315 like this.
  16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

So is Westbrook.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

How about WB, RoCo for CP3, Capela and 5 1st?

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

Blake is incomparably worse. And it doesn’t matter that his contract is a year shorter given our time horizon for winning.

What we really should do is convince the Knicks to build a “super team” around Westbrook and Blake so we can offload them.

19. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I am wondering if Harden is over it and wants to go somewhere he can win, possibly Miami. If Harden goes, so does Westbrook, Dantoni, and maybe Morey as well. Losing two max guys, and with the downturn in the economy and the hospitality industry, I still think Tilman can lose this team. He's had some opportunities with his mobile gaming business and has sold equity in it to raise cash, but not sure how long that will last and how much more cash he can untap elsewhere? He has been saved by PPP money and raising cash by selling equity, losing $800mm+ in value on this team may crush him. He paid what $2.2b at peak valuations with 2 legit max guys under contract, you lose all of that and you're in a smaller market, I would start sweating it if I own that debt, there is no way this team is worth half of that being a lotto team. Forget even making the debt service, he can barely make payroll (he had to restructure Westbrooks contract from being paid 50% up front so it would have more installments).

If we lose Harden, several other dominoes will fall. The only thing that will make me feel like there is a future for this team is if Tilman defaults and loses control of this team.

#39 BallSoHarden, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    pugsly8422 likes this.
  20. Asian Sensation

Any combo including 2 of the above should do.