1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook: Right now I am just running around

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Sep 7, 2020.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

By virtue of it being a loose ball foul instead of a charging foul, Rondo was awarded two free throws He was also credited with a steal because of this change.

linvetb6 likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

When Westbrook left his feet and threw the ball BEFORE the contact, it became a loose ball foul.....

If he would have plowed through Rondo it would have been a block.

Why a guy who is in his 12th year would continually leave his feet with no idea where to go with the ball is ****ing amazing to me, this is something you are taught in the 3rd grade NEVER to do.

Yet, Russ has been doing it for years....his turnovers, shitty shooting, will kill this team unless he calms the hell down and plays a much more restrained game.

DD

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Hes the best and WORST parts of Steve Francis and Jeremy Lin. He does not have a cerebral game.

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Maybe his thought process was "since today isn't a good dribbling day, maybe I can rely on my athleticism and hang time to advance the ball....."

On the bright side, he's guaranteed to play better in game 3 since it'd be impossible to play worse.

5. Victorious

Victorious Member

He knows what he needs to do. Russ just needed a wake up call

6. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Jeremy Lin did the same

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Like another poster said - Draymond Green.

But Westbrook wasn't even off the rails here. Some reporter asked him something about "snapping out of" whatever, and Westbrook wanted clarity. He was right in his answer - it's one game. Like he said, this wasn't a game 6 in which people have 6 whole games of data to draw from. It's not like he's had a completely bad series of games. Westbrook had one bad game and people already have their pitchforks out.

Dude is coming off a bad game and out of a locker room in which he knows he was absolutely the reason why they lost. And then to field questions about what he could have done better?

You want to use a work analogy? Imagine losing a big contract or client at an office job, and then immediately having to answer questions about why, knowing that you are the biggest reason for the loss. Media is just doing their job, sure, but Westbrook was calm here.

8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I think you're reaching to say "because Russ is curt with reporters, that means he is rude to everyone else in his life." I have never heard that about him, and by most accounts he is a really good guy off the court. A good teammate, a good family family man, active in the community.

Gregg Popovich is also known for being rude to reporters, and everyone loves him. This is a bit of a double standard you are using to judge Russ. It's fine to criticize him for the way he plays, but I think it is uncalled to pass judgment on him as a person because you are mad he had a bad game, and was a little rude to reporters. For all his faults, he is an emotional guy who takes wins and losses personally. He was clearly upset by the way the game went and how he played, so it is not that surprising he would react badly to questions that seemed designed to provoke a response.

FrontRunner, jcmoon and PDJACK7 like this.
  9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Through 5 playoff games

True Shooting : 41.7%
    O rating : 82
    D rating : 103
    Average game score of 7.2(a high of 12.1)
    Wins above replacement : -0.1

5 games. 3 god awful. 2 mediocre at best.

It hasn’t been 1 game.

Also add that Harden has been more efficient with a better assist to turnover ratio with Westbrook on the bench.

#49 jordnnnn, Sep 7, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    34to11 likes this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That was a painful press conference.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Personally, I'd not compare his stats from this series to the OKC series. Different defenses, coming back from injury, etc. This isn't to say he hasn't been bad on average, but I don't think it's that fair.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind the crazy bull with his nuts clipped routine if he dished it off to the open shooter.

Homie left it all to chance and it was mostly to bail his ass out.

Bulldozing the zone inside does force the Lakers to reset unless the shooter is already covered

13. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

We noticed that too bro. You can run behind the bench. Get your head out of your ass and help the ****ing team

14. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Please with sugar on top, help the ****ing team

15. likestohypeguy

A treadmill in a cage, behind the bench. He's just in there sprinting the entire game.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

the kids are alright

KingCheetah, Patience and hakeem94 like this.
  17. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

This is another advantage over Chris Paul. Harden and Westbrook like each other and want to make this work. They can communicate with each other out of mutual respect. I didn't get the sense Harden and Paul's relationship was at that level by the end.

18. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

[Westbrook]Right now I am just running around[/quote]

Especially in Game 2, he's not wrong. Which would be bad enough if it weren't mixed in with lost balls and bad passes

So, the question is, what is he going to fo about it? Good Westbrook was driving under control, making good passes, and pretty much ignoring threes. We need that player back.

JumpMan likes this.
  19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

He's getting shut down like Giannis in the playoffs. They're playing him just like Giannis, leaving him open and forcing him to drive into a packed paint.

It's even worse because Westbrook is not as tall and long as Giannis and nowhere as good of a defender (even tho Giannis is overrated on that end). Also, Westbrook makes a bunch of terrible turnovers.

20. HardenVolumeOne

i hate athletic point guards