1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook on Bev

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Apr 25, 2017.

1. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

39% shooting overall and 27% from three. And at his worst in the 4th quarter.

I'd have been fine with Russ scoring 50 a game. Rockets would have won by more.

Thunder do t have a ton of offensive players. On the other hand there's plenty of teams with worse players that still were able to score as efficiently as Westbrook did this series .... because you know, they had a system and actual plays. Unlike the Thunder that had no system for players to get comfortable in anyway.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. jayfree

jayfree Member

"@russwest44 says he doesn't know what @patbev21 was talking about during their little exchange in the game."

Beverley was telling Westbrook the secret to happiness is to pass the ball. Westbrook's like "I don't understand!"

5. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Very proud of Bev. He stepped up bigly.

6. H-Town Rockets Guy

Haha..the answer from PatBev is SAVAGE

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here's part of the reason why the OKC do poorly when Westbrook is on the bench. At least part of it is because Russell is a ball hog and has the ball in his hand all the time. The team only plays off of what Westbrook does. When Westbrook is on the bench you have a bunch of guys asked to do things their team never does which is create for players other than Russell, get open for passes from guys other than Russell, not only box out for rebounds but have somebody go get them when Westbrook isn't doing it.

Honestly those guys had no chemistry and never had the chance to develop any chemistry. They didn't have any opportunity. All of a sudden they're forced to try and do something they've never had the chance to do.

8. ribbit

ribbit Member

Shtrawberry champagne on ice. Lucky for you that's what I like.

javal_lon likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The fact that Westbrook knew he had 42 at that time is so telling.

DD

Ozzy, htownrox1, jdhu and 15 others like this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

This is definitely a problem, a Thunder fan said the same on twitter after game 2...but super duper analysts are not going to talk about it, they're to good for this kind of arguments :rolleyes::D

DonKnock, Ramo$e and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Probably looked up to see if he already had the triple dub.

DonKnock, amaru and adw like this.
  12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Boy the media gonna destroy him next season! Its gonna be brutal.... Thin line between love and hate Russ! .. You'll find out in 6 months...

13. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

And that, folks, is a direct reflection on Billy Donovan. Superstars get head coaches fired so Donovan's end game is one of survival. Expect more of the same Broadie circus next season.

Either way, this is a train wreck waiting to happen. From Seattle to OKC, karma's a b****.

14. QJammer23

QJammer23 Member

That is actually a point I was trying to make to a friend of mine comparing Harden and Westbrook. As a leader/MVP, you make your teammates around you better on and off the court.

Westbrook's play has basically handicapped his teammates' play where they can't function without him.

yes, Westbrook has the numbers, but Harden has made his teammates/team better...and that is what I want out of my Leader or MVP.

15. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Can anyone find how Russ shot when Bev was on him? I saw a tweet, but it didn't add up. I want to see the entire series. People are saying Russell clowned Bev this entire series by dropping 40 and 50, but how many shots??

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

When guarded by Bev this series. 7-27 with 5 turnovers.

DD

Hakeemtheking, Ozzy, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Pat Bev for president!

18. photojoe

photojoe Member

He doesn't know what Bev is talking about?

Well luckily for everyone now we don't need to incessantly hear about Westbrook every night. Enjoy the off-season Russ while I enjoy watching Bev still play.

19. Mr. Space City

20. theh

theh Member

He probably just looked at the screen............?