1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook is the Dumbest Player in the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman1981, Sep 10, 2020.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

How is this a thread? Dwight Howard is still in the league.

D-rock likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Looks like we traded arrogance for stupidity

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Obligatory:

[​IMG]

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I LOVE Morey, but lets be honest... he got fleeced by Presti who after the past 24 months deserves GM of the decade.

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Actually a good point. “Fleeced” is harsh though considering at the time it wasn’t an obvious mistake. And ironic how it’s with the guy he fleeced for Harden. We have to remember that it’s possible CP and Harden weren’t going to work in the locker room. But maybe that’s also Morey’s fault. It’s been brought up many times that Lebron wanted Spoelstra fired, but Pat Riley stood up to Lebron and said no. If Morey truly felt like it was the wrong decision, he should have tried the same.

dobro1229 likes this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

According the Clutch and others, Westbrook was not a Morey kind of player. Assuming his comment about not trading CP was not a lie, it looks like he was forced to do it. So I give Morey the benefit of the doubt.

That said, whoever this idea was, we are stuck with Westbrook. And with him, we are stuck with building the team with lots and lots of shooters who can also defend multiple positions. And good players who can do that are expensive. In view of Tilman's aversion of spending money, we are looking at years of scavenging cheap contract guys filling those spots. These will be good shooters who can't defend (McClemore) and good defenders who are mediocre shooters (Tucker).

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Agreed, and at that point after going through Dwight, and then CP3, you have the data to make a case to Harden that look.... we have the data to show this is an emotional decision which will actually make your goals HARDER to achieve. I honestly had no clue that Harden & CP3's relationship was bad at all. I don't want to point fingers back at the fans here but is it possible that this is just an excuse that we made to excuse the trade?

Nobody wants to say it or believe it because most of us think Morey is the greatest, but maybe it's us that need to wake up and realize that our intuition that I know MOST of us felt in our guts when it happened was actually true all along..... that this trade was a bad bad bad trade. CP3 is a better player, on a better contract, who is a better fit, had better intangible qualities, didn't cost us other players that needed to be traded to fit with Westbrook, and didn't cost us a thousand picks to acquire.

It was a bad deal. No question.

HP3, jordnnnn and Zoplicone like this.
  9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

For sure. I actually thought basketball wise it was a bad trade, and always believed Chris Paul was the better player. I guess I just assumed the relationship was irreparable and the Harden and Russ combo was just too damn cool haha. I also did not really expect Chris Paul to remind us how good he was this season, and definitely understated the fact that his contract now really isn’t that bad, it’s two years left, he’s proven that next season he’ll still be a great player, and that final year is easily a trade asset.

HP3 and dobro1229 like this.
  10. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

KD had the best version of Russ. He was still a dumb player, but was the most explosive PG of all time. We could win if we had that Russ, but now he even lost his explosiveness.

11. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

There are plenty of stats that show WB is the worst Rockets player in the playoffs, but I get your point, he is worse than what the stats shows, which is already near the bottom of the league level.

BigggReddd likes this.
  12. Brown Juice

Brown Juice Member

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Exposed for what?

I was not a fan of that trade but I wasn't going to whine about it either.

There are things that Russ does that CP3 could not do, increase pace to tops in league and score 30 when Harden is cold.

When Morey/MDA maximized system to Russ strengths I was all in because Rockets were not winning anything otherwise.

If you are going to call me out, get your facts straight.

HP3, TWS1986 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  14. TimDuncanDonaut

The dumb award goes to Danuel House not Russ.

15. Newlin

Newlin Member

I don’t know if I would call Westbrook dumb. He just can’t make a three to save his life.

The dumb one is the person that thought Westbrook would be a good fit with the Rockets. Harden? Morey? Tilman?

Seriously, Morey has traded away or let walk away more players that he wished he had back than any GM in NBA history.

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. Add in selfish and immature while you're at it.

17. WestendMassive

It is amazing how fragile chemistry is on a basketball team. Game 1 and 2, the Rockets played like brothers, they had each other's backs and were flying all over the court hustling and doing the 1 percenters that win basketball games.

Then Dan House decides some punani is worth more than his boys and that delicate chemistry came crashing down. No longer did they look like they would run through walls for each other, the lack of intensity was obvious.

House should never have the privilege of pulling on a Rockets jersey again. Trade him to Sacramento or Charlotte to rot. **** you Danuel House.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels must be the dumbest smart persons or vice versa.

Easy likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not on the court though.

20. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Trade Westbrook for John Wall.