1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook has to go !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 1, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

I guess.

But this is straight from the horses mouth, CP3 did not want to be traded and did not expect to be traded.

https://theundefeated.com/features/...eing-shocked-by-rockets-trade-i-love-to-hoop/

“My initial reaction?” Paul said with a laugh. “I was shocked. Truth be told, I just talked to Daryl a couple days before the trade and he said he wasn’t going to trade me [to Oklahoma City]. That’s funny because that is going to be the alert that pops up on everybody’s phone because nobody knows that. But what the hell, I just said it.”

“It’s life. It happens. It is what it is. But I wish him [Harden] nothing but the best,” Paul said.

MettaWorldPete and hakeem94 like this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I can tell you that last sentence is absolutely false.

Regardless, I wish CP3 nothing but the best.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

False in that CP3 lied or that he actually said it?

#43 D-rock, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Russ is probably going to have to play his way into getting traded. This means playing as a 2nd option to Harden. Why cant the guy just play to win, why does he care about stat padding? That ego stuff is got to get thrown through the door. You play as a team, not as 1 man show.

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

That makes one of us
    Word

Os Trigonum and D-rock like this.
  6. s3ts

s3ts Member

I mean... I'm quite sure Stone is trying to trade Russ. I thought it was common knowledge there's no market for Russ.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, yeah, he's one of the worst contracts in the entire league, if they could move him without having to give up too much to do so, he'd already be gone. He's the anchor around the neck of the franchise right now.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think his second complaint was that you can't say anything against Harden or the organization incl. Tilman.

You have to keep everyone accountable. As I understand it, it means he wants people to hear his criticism.

He probably thought Morey and MDA were the last people who were the culprits unlike what fans thought.

This might just be a theory.

And secondly, he wants his old role with OKC back.....he played second fiddle to Paul George but he got his triple double.

More minutes.

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who knows, but that article also said they didn't see eye to eye and feuded. Doesn't even matter. I was just making my observation from the Harden years. I think stars know there can't be two stars on this team. Harden wants to do it all. I could be wrong. He did share the ball more this past season, but then again, the rumour mill said he wanted to leave this year, so I don't know the real truth.

10. macan

macan Member

Blake Griffin should do well for us if he's healthy tbh

DaDakota likes this.
  11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That's like saying I'd win the lottery if I had the winning numbers. But damn those probabilities...

Landsdale, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  12. opticon

opticon Member

Quoted for truth.

D-rock likes this.
  13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

lol @ blake and cousins together.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Hey hey!

Ho Ho!

15. Le$$

Le$$ Member

If you Had Blake Cousins paired with Harden when they were healthy wow, that would of been a championship.

16. Caesar

Caesar Member

Has any one of DD's ideas or love for white/half white player panned out?

DD

D-rock likes this.
  17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

no it wouldn't because the defense would be trash. I don't think Blake and DC fit on either end and probably wouldn't get along in the locker room either. Blake and DC are going to beat the warriors? Draymond OWNS Blake.

18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

at least it isnt just another thread complaining that Russ cant shoot or 'poor fit'...

'passing negativity back and forth...' ...at least the Russ hate has a diff spin... lol!

Prime example of having an opinion - and finding a narrative to fit it... Like MDA having to go small ball bc of Russ... wait and see, I bet Silas is able to find a way to utilize both our stars without having to reinvent the wheel... lol

19. kjayp

I think he and VSpan have become the cornerstones of European basketball... lol

Verbal Christ and D-rock like this.
  20. kjayp

Scola?

Caesar likes this.