1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrick VS CP3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Dudes have already arrested, charged and convicted Russ. Hanging is just the next step. Never mind he wears Rockets red. Smh...

2. JW86

JW86 Member

Don't blame Westbrook, we knew what he was before he came. If it fails, it's on Harden cause he wanted him here. Partly Tilman, Morey and I'd argue MDA's job is to make it work. Put WB in positions to be successful and so far it's so-so as far as the right mix of players and putting in plays so he won't be his stupid self. Westbrook needs to be protected from himself.

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

We knew what he was before he came is a bunch of bs. Not at all the thoughts around here when the move was made. He’ll have so much space. He’ll have so many open looks. He’s playing with more shooters than ever. He’s playing next to harden. I could go on and on and on.

And now the narrative gets shifted to blaming the system and those guys for westbrick not being a fit. When all those things we’re everything cf’s was using to defend the move. Pure bs

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

As a person who didn't like the trade, but still tries not to drag Westbrook, This team with Gimpy CP3 would have torched all these other teams. CP3 wouldn't need hamstrings when he was shooting wide open jumpers.

I still think the Rockets are better than the Lakers with trash shooting Westbroook though. I said it.

HP3 and J Sizzle like this.
  7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

exactly it was so ****ing obvious

J Sizzle likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is no versus IMHO.

Both are trying to keep themselves afloat.

Brodie keeps being that questionable superstar, CP3 anything other than a normal role player.

#68 daywalker02, Dec 7, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

The thing that pisses me off is why didn’t cp3 play like this last year ? Why only show up game 6? We would have made it to the finals at least. I’ve always been a cp3 fan and still am but he would probably still be here if he played better.

For now I’m still good on this trade. Westbrook can’t be any worse than this as far as shooting and we are still one of the top offensive teams. I feel like the team is less lethargic and we have less droughts. We are night and day when it comes to rebounding. 14-7 record with WB not shoooting well and no EGO is pretty good.

smp likes this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

MDA should have managed CP3 more. More rest days. More “load management”. More 30 minutes or less nights. Needed him as fresh as possible in the playoffs and I don’t think they had that.

I just wish they were so short sighted thinking that 2-3 bad games against the Warriors means he’s washed up. Simply short sighted.

DreamShook likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

im anxiously waiting for them to play just to see what looks they throw towards harden and what lineups they use. they're even bigger than the bucks sigh

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

especially when everyone else in the entire league has bad games against that historic team, harden included. people wanted to hold cp3 to this standard that didn't apply to anyone else. that was stupid. cp3 wasn't even as bad as people wanted to think. he just wasn't "elite". apparently being solid equated to be washed up. oh the world sees hes definitely not that this year

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man, I'm fine with being called a CP3 apologist. CP3 was asked, as an 80 yr old, to do the same things as James Harden who gets out of bed scoring 1.5 points a possession. The coaching staff didn't even try to protect CP3 by resting him the way they do Westbrook and they didn't acknowledge that CP3 was in a washed state and couldn't ISO as effectively.

I understand that last year didn't get off to the best start, but they pushed everyone. Only Harden, the only player on earth outside Lebron that could shoulder that workload, could keep up. MDA panicked.

I will get heat for this, but Harden was less accommodating than I thought he should have been. Before some of you scream, that it isn't fair since Harden does everything already, stfu, idgaf. Rockets are a team and members of a team make up for other team member's short-comings. I just never understood the need to leave CP3 out there to die when he couldn't ISO as well as Harden any longer.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm not even worried about it. Yule C.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

16. amaru

amaru Member

Seems like you’re saying the common thread in the two situations was the inability of the coaching staff to adjust to the limitations of the player. If that’s what you are saying, I agree 100%

smp likes this.
  17. dmoneybangbang

Load management and going for the highest seed possible are two concepts that don't jive.

18. dmoneybangbang

Interestingly, CP3 isn't able to keep the Thunder at a similar record as WB did, despite having better "stats".

JayGoogle and amaru like this.
  19. dmoneybangbang

I like RED94, but picks won't be contributing to this year's season or playoffs. This trade is about the result of this year and beyond, so I guess keep focusing on the short term...

Meanwhile we are 1 game behind 2nd place in another tough Western Conference.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Why wouldn’t they be. Guys get traded for picks. And last I checked the rockets cold use a versatile big