1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Westbrick VS CP3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Dec 6, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh stop the fake news. people just want to say whatever they can go make themselves try to feel better about picking up the worse shooter in the nba. random's and their "eye test" never seem to fail enough times

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Oh my god. Because Chris Paul couldn’t singlehandedly stop the best play of the decade(Curry/Dray high PNR), he is a bad defender.

You just said Yourself Tucker, an amazing playoff defender got lit up too. Is he bad?

Chris Paul was playing really good defense last year. For the entire year. I’ve talked about this enough. Either you have low b-ball IQ or you don’t.

lw17 likes this.
  3. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Low b-ball IQ but you didn’t even know about it? Did you even see it? You do know they took CP3 away from that action that and kept PJ? Warriors kept attacking CP3 for a reason. Hell Gordon did a better job defending it lol! CP3 played good defense two seasons ago lol

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wasn't that excited about Westbrook to begin with but I did believe it was an upgrade. It is what I saw last year. I was disappointed with his defense because I had such high hopes. He wasn't bad at it. But he used to be elite. It wasn't all the guards that would abuse him. But any of the elite guards and quicker guards could abuse him. Those are the ones we face in the playoffs.

CP3 was still smart, knows the game, and can play the team defense. He could communicate and help guys know what was coming and where to make switches etc. It's not that he wasn't trying or didn't have his pluses. But if he was matched up against an elite guard (like the playoffs) he was outclassed. His defense was a weakness.

JayGoogle, hakeem94 and Blurr#7 like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

if you thought he was disappointing, bless you for the next 4 years

Williamson and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Those are the valid anti-Paul arguments I will accept.

But it's hard to swallow compounding that mistake with 2 first round picks for an equally risky player. We have painted ourselves into a corner with both cap and asset flexibility, regardless of anyone's feelings about Westbrick.

Relativist likes this.
  7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

With the way Westbrook is playing one can only hope he'll be wearing a suit on the bench (or just relegated to the bench) when it matters.

FranchiseBlade and YOLO like this.
  8. Williamson

At sucking!

9. Blurr#7

That’s the difference, I don’t wish nonsense like a injury to a Rockets player. I actually wanted CP3 to return to form. But you do you boo boo.

JayGoogle likes this.
  10. Williamson

I want what is best for the Rockets. And the Rockets are better when he isn't on the floor.

11. Blurr#7

So play out CP3 s contract?? I mean in that’s aspect I can guarantee Westbrook is a easier player to move than CP3.

12. Blurr#7

Our W-L record disagrees. He about we let the season play out before we start wishing player injured.

JayGoogle likes this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The hate has become so strong for this player we are hoping he gets hurt now???

EDIT: Reminds me how some Rocket fans are rooting against Melo...why??? He spent a few weeks on the team and peaced out, I don't get why it's so personal.

dmoneybangbang and Blurr#7 like this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We actually played the Bucks close this year too. The Bucks that just demolished the Clippers. That Buck team. Big reason why, we didn't get destroyed on the boards...

dmoneybangbang and Blurr#7 like this.
  16. Blurr#7

These dudes are ridiculous bro...

dmoneybangbang and JayGoogle like this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also will randomly add, we aren't even playing bad.

Our Orting is 3rd in the NBA.
    D rating 15th which is right where you want it for a MDA team.

Statistically, we are humming along right now as a team. Everyone far too negative, we were worse off around this time of the year last time. Pfft, many of us wondered if we'd make the playoffs at all.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm not going to insult any of these guys, they are great posters otherwise, but Rocket fans have always hated Westbrook for stealing one of Hardens 3 MVP awards (Harden should have at least 2) but some of the takes are a little too far for me. The team is doing fine, has some chemistry issues, but I think they'll be good going into the playoffs. Maybe even better depending on who we can add..if Tilman allows us to add someone...

#38 JayGoogle, Dec 6, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Blurr#7 likes this.
  19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here's the thing about Westbrook. He's still Westbrook. He is still a crappy 3 point shooter who takes shots at inopportune times. He was that before we got him and he still is. He also plays with heart before hand and now. He still rebounds. He can still be a one man fast break or a one man crap decision maker.

He is now and was before the Good the Bad and the Ugly all rolled into one. Everything good people say about him is true. Everything bad people say about him is also true, and all of the ugly in his game is also true. The challenge will be to mine the good and half of the ugly while weeding out the bad and other half of the ugly.

But nobody should ever doubt that he has all three of those in his arsenal.

xaos, Blurr#7 and JayGoogle like this.
  20. Williamson

How? We won both the games he sat out in. The +/- tells us we're terrible when he's on the floor and Harden isn't and that we're at our best when Harden is on the floor without Westbrook.

And p.s. I don't truly wish him injured. I really just wish he was sucking on another team. He's terrible. He's seriously putting up Corey Sewer percentages but while taking three times as many shots. It's horrendous.