1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

West matchup 1

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by RedNation, Aug 16, 2012.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I will not accept this vote...

Unless you detail it out like everyone else i will refuse the vote...

2. BigMaloe

Lone star - tomball... ill be a sophmore tho.. also im 25, took me a while to go back but atleast im doing it...

3. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Frontcourt: BigMaloe
    Bynum dominates the low block against anyone not named Dwight. LA is more of a high post scorer so they compliment each other almost too perfectly. finally the truth cannot be handled, as much as I hate the guy, cant knock the hardware he boasts for his scoring.

Backcourt: jmcballer

Dwyane Wade is a top 5 talent in the league and Kyrie is a ROY pg with promise of all-star talent. A very talented Backcourt that is offensively and defensively sound. Dragic is good and you might make the argument of him playing better than Irving, but Wade blows out C Lee by miles

Bench: jmcballer

This one was close. Burkes Battier and Wright vs Millsap Lou Williams and Thabo. Thabo proved he is an elite defender (battier level) during the finals and showed out on offense as well. I would cancel THabo and Battier out as they are almost equal. Lou Williams led the 6ers in scoring even though he came off the bench, so you can bet to see a lot of fire power from him. I like Williams over Burkes with talent and experience giving him the edge. Finally Millsap vs Wright is a no brainer. Millsap rapes Wright in all facets of the game except lobbed alley oops. Wright has good numbers but only on limited minutes, Millsap put up great numbers with starter minutes. Millsap by 100 Kilometers ;)

Offense: BigMaloe

Dragic is a penetrating PG who can shoot the 3 ball well and finish on defenders with ease. C Lee is a great corner 3pt shooter, Pierce is instant offense, Aldridge is known for putting up points and Bynum is arguably best post scorer in the league. Wade, Millsap and Lou off the bench wont be enough.

Defense: jmcballer

Another close matchup but I give the slightest edge to jmc. Mcgee throws block parties every night and Wade molests his defenders not only with steals but with devastating blocks at the rim. Thabo off the bench ensures great defense throughout the game

Chemistry: BigMaloe

Dragic and C Lee know eachothers games very well and are a formidable back court. Bynum and LA play well off eachother and Pierce will never pass up an open shot. With Dragic driving and dishing this team may be unstoppable with all the offensive power at every facet. Dragic will hold this team together more than D Wade Iso-ing the ball every possession down the floor. Irving cannot control the ball when Wade demands it.

winner in a 7 game series

Close call. BigMaloe in 7 though.

4. LCAhmed

Good for you bro. Higher Education is always the best choice

5. BigMaloe

Y you no likey me??? :confused:

Thx for the vote...

6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Frontcourt- Who has the better FC

Big M. Much more talent.

Backcourt- Who has the better BC

Jmc. Same.

Bench- WHo has the better bench

Jmc. Wow. Nice talent, nice fits, instant offense, solid shooting, a ton of D, energy.

Offense- Which team has the better overall team offense. Which teams offense would run smoother and be more effective.

Even.

BigM ----Great transition with Aldridge. Nice shooting. Pierce isos.
    Other than that.... post ups.
    Probably too many post ups and ball stopping and too little passing from the post.

But McGee and Paul George will have their backs broken by Pierce and Bynum on post ups. neither has the strength or skill sets to defend it.

Jmc team will run. That will cause BigM a lot of problems.
    When Milsap is in, halfcourt offense will be solid too, because Milsap will help spread the floor. When it's Horford/McGee, the paint will be packed, and their best option by far will be to run.

Defense- Which team plays better defense? This includes team defense as well as individual defense

BigM.

C: BigM........... McGee will have trouble defending post ups by Bynum.
    PF: Jmc...........Milsap will be painful for Aldridge, Aldridge struggles vs. shooting bigs. Horford will be much easier, if he plays at 4.
    On the other side, Horford and Milsap will do a solid job on Aldridge.
    SF: BigM......... Pierce is one of the worst possible matchup for George defensively. He won't be able to defend Pierce post ups.
    Pierce can defend George in halfcourt, except his cutting, but bigs will help there. Transition will be harder.
    SG: Jmc..........Wade's a perfect defender on Lee.
    And on the other side of the floor, Lee will get abused too, Wade's too strong for him.
    PG: BigM.........advantage to Lowry, Kyrie's not a good defender atm at all.

Chemistry- which team would have better chemistry and work together better. For example, a team full of scorers who like to keep the ball in their hands wouldn't work very well.

Jmc.

I don't see the big deal with Irving/Wade? Who else do you want to put at point next to Wade? Chalmers? lol.
    Two play makers, Irving can also shoot well. Paul George won't stop the ball at all.
    What's so different from Parker-Manu-Bruce Bowen?
    It makes sense.

BigM team has 3 guys who will be taking turns posting up in this series, a lot of looking around and time wasting. Not enough passing from bigs.

Based on these categories, you will determine the winner. IN THE END, WHO WILL WIN A 7 GAME SERIES

BigM in a very close Spurs-Suns like series.
    BigM bench isn't bad, but it just doesn't compare, so that keeps it close. Also, Jmc has a running team, which will burn BigM starters out.
    In the end, I think BigM team wins, because Bynum has too much of an advantage over McGee in halfcourt, and none of Jmc wings can defend Pierce post ups either.

7. BigMaloe

Appreciate it... :)

8. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I vote jmcballer. I is lazzy two icsplain

9. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Can one of you guys start the other threads?

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

:grin::grin::grin:
    he meant Pierce. not sure if you were joking or not, but that was funny either way

11. BigMaloe

Thx for voting...

12. LCAhmed

Hate Paul Pierce lol not you

13. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I was joking 1st of all and second of all i can't vote because I'm studing right now in about 2 days i'll be back and voting tho

14. BigMaloe

:(

Unacceptable... come back tomorrow when u not tired and ezplain garsh darnit!!!

15. BigMaloe

Ohhhh ok...

Well i feel dumb...

16. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I hate when people tryna be like me:mad::mad::mad:

17. BigMaloe

So your a male prostitute? Lol jk...

Btw i know you were joking, jus feel ita unfair to accept a vote like that..

18. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Good for you, where do you wanna transfer, come to U of H:)

19. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Oh man you crack me up BigMaloe

20. LCAhmed

freshman tips I wish someone would've given me when I was at UH. DONT SKIP CLASS!!! pay attention and finally read the text book! exams and finals may have nothing to do with lecture!