1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We're tanking

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Jul 3, 2012.

1. PolarBear

PolarBear Member

This looks like a tanking lineup to me...unless there are trades or changes:

C: Asik,
    PF: Scola, PPat, Leuer, Marcus Morris, Terrence Jones
    SF: Parsons, White
    SG: Martin, Lamb
    PG: Lowry, Livingston

2. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Unless Morey plans on keeping them on the bench behind Kmart, Lowry, Scola the whole time. Then I a disagree no matter what direction they say they are taking.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

Any team who lets CLee go is tanking.

4. CertifiedTroll

Didn't we trade our first round pick? Tanking for that 31st pick?

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Never said that. But they won't make the playoffs either and will get a higher pick than 14th along with the young guys getting valuable PT. To be honest, we pretty much agree on everything, except you happen to believe our record will be a bit better than I do. I agree we'll overachieve, as usual, just that the "achievement" bar will be a bit lower this time around.

6. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

It's lottery protected, so we give it up if we make the playoffs (LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!)

7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

That pick has lottery-protection meaning that if we miss the playoffs, we keep the pick and the obligation carries over to next year. But if we make the playoffs, the Hawks (via NJ trade) get the pick.

8. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

We're a few bad veteran signings away from going back the other way. Don't jinx it.

9. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Excellent post. I have been a Rockets fan since 1972. I actually enjoy the ebb and flow of building a team from scratch, maturing, maximizing, then rebuilding. I enjoy watching rookies develop and then adding role players to fill the gaps. Thats where we are in this phase. I am excited about these rooks. There is no easy solution, just sound drafts, player development, and an occasional sound trade. If you're a fan, relish this phase and roll with it. Its why I'm a fan.

10. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

if we do tank and get a high pick then we should draft noel and we will have a center that doesnt act like a little ol trick

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Yeah, you have to look at the other teams they will be competing with the Rockets in the back half of the conference first, and see what other moves are made in contrast. Right now, obviously they dont even have a true center on the roster other than Greg Smith if you can even count him as a true center. However, Morey has 4 months to make "basketball-related" moves. The roster will look much different.

Im in the minority here that its good to have a guy like Scola in the mix to challenge the young guys in practice and make them improve enough to earn their playing time. I dont think your going to see a completely young team going into next year. A vet or two sprinkled in, actually helps the development of the teams youngsters.

As of now, I believe Lowry, Martin, and Camby will be with the Rockets next season at least for the first half. Scola seems like a player that they might be looking to move out of the mix of vets they currently have.

-Martin could really be key to the Rockets making a nice splash at the trade deadline when he should be able to get a haul back in a trade. Never underestimate a veteran who is about to head into his contract year for his last big pay day. I think he's going to turn it around next year.

12. juanm34

juanm34 Member

This thread is tanking.

13. FatChad

FatChad Rookie

The Astros need to worry about their own problems..

14. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

No Limit Records.

15. GPNHC56

GPNHC56 Member

Should have done this 2 years ago smh

16. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Alright, now just gotta move Martin and Scola for "Project: Tank" to commence.

17. RyanB

RyanB Member

yes for sure
    of course Les and Morey won't say it
    but it became obvious that we're tanking
    better than stuck and suck with the 14th pick and try to land a SUPERSTAR who's never gonna come unless u draft him

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I just want Scola to go to a good team...he deserves it...Martin...who cares...

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

we went from How to acquire dwight and Deron...to looking at the number 1 pick in the 2013's NBA draft!

20. Mr_Mean

Mr_Mean Member

[​IMG]

Rockets moving Foward! 9 Power Fowards to be exact!:grin: