1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We're a GREAT regular season team, but are already seeing the signs....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jan 6, 2017.

1. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

My gut says DD was being facetious.

2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I actually agree lol

If he couldn't get it done with KD he's not getting it done with anyone imo.

Although KD has some things he needs to fix also. He still the iso king.

I think MDA finally cracked harden form the poor coaching that okc did on creating ISO monsters.

rocketsfan611 likes this.
  3. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

seriously bring that zhou qi over. he's not going to dominate the paint, but the sooner he gets going, the better. maybe next year or the year after he could be ready.

Mathloom likes this.
  4. tnopham

tnopham Member

Disagree. I'm not sure why some feel we have a size issue and are clamoring for another big. With Capela back healthy. Him,Nene, and Harrell are more than enough to hold it down. They've already proven it thus far.

Oh and btw. In our 9 losses, we were outrebounded in only 3 of those. :confused:

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think rebounding is our problem, I think it's poor interior defense.

That and our crunch time offense. Man, we seem to cough up leads like we want to win games in the last 5 seconds.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yup I know what basketball is :)

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think it's more urgent to replace Ennis as 4th guard. We are playing with fire relying so heavily on Bev/Gordon with Brewer/Ennis being the insurance.

At C we've lost the starter and for the most part been able to ride it out, only really "struggling" when both Clint and Bev were out at the same time.

At C you can do FAR worse than Harrell/Nene with your starter out. But Ennis and Brewer. Man. We need a 6'5 serviceable 4th guard. Wish KJ had become that.

8. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I believe it's a Boy Scout motto: "Always Be Prepared." One main opponent most are over-looking is Utah. I see them as a well balanced worthy opponent. The Dream Shake gives its monthly,
    "Don't forget about the Spurs warning" practically every week. Here is my last don't take Utah
    lightly warning for the rest of the season. If healthy they could give any team a run for their
    money. I personally would rather face Memphis or San Antonio. I found the PnR stats I was
    looking for on NBA.com/stats
    ......(PnR) Ball Handler..............freq.................ppp..........................league percentile..(high # is good)...
    .................Harden...................39.7%..............1.02........................................90.9....................................
    ..................EGo.......................18.5%..............0.97........................................83.2...................................
    ..................Bev........................23.0%..............0.73........................................35.9....................................
    ..................Dekker...................1.6%................1.25...............did not register in percentile category.........
    No others worth mentioning & they fail to register in percentile category.................................................
    ..............George Hill................44.8%...............1.14.........................................96.4.................................
    ..............Lyles..........................4.9%.................1.00.........................................89.3................................
    ..............Hayward....................28.2...................0.94........................................77.7................................
    ..............Ingles.........................7.2%.................1.23........................................79.1................................
    ..............Rodney Hood............27.9%................0.93........................................77.3...............................
    ...............Shelvin Mack...........40.5%.................0.87.......................................65.9...............................
    ................Diaw.........................7.3%..................0.85.......................................60.7..............................
    ...............Joe Johnson.............19.7%................0.84........................................60.0.............................
    ................Exum........................23.8%................0.74.......................................40.6.............................
    ..........(PnR) Roll Man.................freq..................ppp.............................league percentile...................
    .................Capela......................26.5%...............1.30........................................91.1...........................
    .................Harrell.......................26.6%...............1.16........................................75.8..........................
    .................Nene.........................28.6%...............1.15........................................72.6..........................
    .................Ryno.........................16.2%...............1.16.........................................74.5.........................
    .................Dekker........................4.4%...............1.00.........................................47.0.........................
    ...Utah.................................................................................................................................................
    .................Gobert.......................17.3%...............1.55.........................................98.7.......................,
    .................Lyles..........................11.3%...............0.90.........................................30.6........................
    .................Favors.......................20.9%...............0.86.........................................24.2........................
    .................Whitey.......................16.7%...............1.29......................did not register in category.........
    So the Rockets have more efficient Roll Men; but George Hill has played 13 games thus far.
    This team can be a tough out if paired up with in PO's. I will post Drives....Utah Has many reps there.
    This is why I would like to get another rim protector and ball handler. Teams will force the ball out
    of Harden's hands a greater amount in the PO's.

BigMaloe and saleem like this.
  9. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Con't.....(PnR) Roll Man...........freq................ppp.......................league percentile...................
    ....................Tristan.................22.6%.............1.33...................................91.7..........................
    ....................Koufos.................11.2%.............1.42...................................96.8..........................
    .............Tyson Chandler..........16.9%.............1.41...................................95.5.........................
    Hate to mention Mejri.............28.2%............1.64..................................99.4.........................

BigMaloe and D-rock like this.
  10. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Wish we could get T Chandler. Rim protection + rebound + veteran presence. Would fill a lot of gaps.

BigMaloe, RocketWalta and Jatman20 like this.
  11. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

......................Drives........pts/drives......pts%/drives.......pass/drives.....pass%/ drives.................
    ........EGo........5.0................3.1.................63.0..................1.4.......................27.5........................
    ........Bev.........6.2.................2.4................39.2...................3.3.......................53.4.......................
    ........Harden...excellent numbers. I did not write down all Rockets players. Refer to NBA.com/stats.
    Utah: Hill...........6.2..................4.8..............76.5.................2.4.......................38.3......................
    .....Hayward.......6.0..................4.2..............69.1................1.9.......................30.9.....................
    .........Exum.........4.4..................2.5..............56.7.................1.4......................27.5....................
    ........Ingles.........2.1...................1.3..............62.3.................0.8......................40.3...................
    ....J. Johnson.....2.5...................1.5..............61.5.................0.9......................35.2...................
    ..........Diaw........2.2....................1.1.............52.5.................0.8.......................34.4...................

Utah will drive & kick out or take it all the way to "our Achilles heel"....the rim (interior defense).
    http://stats.nba.com/players/drives/

#111 Jatman20, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    BigMaloe likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would love Noel, but if trading for him guts rotation then either Larry Sanders or Smoove. Would also trade for a lockdown perimeter defender like Aaron Gordon, Wilson Chandler, maybe CJ Miles.

Would add another shooter and ball handler like Jimmer Fredette too.

Harden / Splash
    Bev / Jimmer
    Ariza / AGordon
    Ryno / Trez / Smoove
    Capela / Larry Sanders / Nene

Spacing, rim protection, perimeter defense and ball handlers at every position. This team could survive injuries and still play championship offense AND defense, with exception of loss of Beard of course.

The best thing is that only a trade for AGordon is required, all other players would just need to be signed. Great mix of athletic youth and proven vets.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Put him in the D-League for the entire year in 2017-18. He won't get much better back in China.

hvic and Mathloom like this.
  14. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

They'd never give him to us for anything but Harden, Capela, or something else that would be unreasonable, but he is a difference maker. I don't like the guy, but he is a difference maker to a team like us.

15. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

The difference this year is that we have guys going to the rim too now.

16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

man we really cant enjoy anything

17. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Exactly. We are in the hunt and the ring chasers will come

19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Big man (interior D/rebounding) and 3D guy hopefully on the way....fingers crossed.

20. riko

riko Member

You were the homie saying we getting Dragic right?