1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We're a GREAT regular season team, but are already seeing the signs....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Pretty sure I'm going to die in the end. But until then, I intend to enjoy life, and all these Rockets wins.

Pen15clubber, Deuce, J Sizzle and 4 others like this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

We figured you out 10 years ago and here we still are.

Enjoy life.

Deuce, Pen15clubber and SF3isBack!! like this.
  3. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I agree with you 110%, it really bothers me how we get pounded on the boards. DM really needs to start making calls and figuring out what is out there as far as bigs without dismantling this team because we are great as we stand. Need to call up Cuban and get Bogut, someone who's use to playing up tempo. I'm hearing Ibaka BUT Ibaka reminds me of a better offensive Howard, he's someone who wants the ball down low and would refuse to play the pick and roll if he doesn't get his
    touches. Bogut isn't happy in Dallas and would be great here with Houston not to mention his passing game is exactly what this team needs along with great D down low.

4. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Can Dream un-retire and play 10 - 15 minutes with no back to backs. This team is screaming for a post-up threat with rebounding and rim protection.

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

When you have 1 star and the rest of the team isn't in the top 50, no you're not winning a title when there are teams with 3 guys in the top 20, 4 in the top 50.

6. j@amc

j@amc Member

I think you're right. I do hope we can keep Gordon and Ariza healthy. They play together (with Anderson) really well.

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

we definitely need another big even with CC in the lineup.

We also need a 4th guard just in case of injuries to beverley and gordon. if either one misses a game, we'd have to deal with brewer and ennis getting extended minutes. that's not acceptable in the playoffs.

my shopping list going into the deadline would be:

C - bogut, chandler nurkic, oquinn, koufos, hibbert, hernangomez, serapin

G - collison, sefalosha, meeks, udrih, rodriguez, waiters, bogdanovic, hardaway

F - mirotic (not really a need, but he'd be a good insurance policy for ryno)

Hui, Deuce, Plowman and 5 others like this.
  8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Rebounding was terrible at the beginning of the season, then we vastly improved. The last few games we've slipped again. Can't wait to get Capela back.

9. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

And D'Antoni reported Dekker has hit the rookie wall recently. So what if Capela comes back
    in the next 2-3 weeks, will Capla hit the wall........March/April? Just when we need him most.

#69 Jatman20, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Capela being out hurts
    Bigs are our problem while he is out

Rocket River

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  11. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Ibaka playing the 5 in small lineups was the real reason......just my opinion. The Spurs tried to counter with Diaw.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  12. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Would you say the Cavs are chicken littles? They are the world champs.....why trade Dunleavy for Korver?

13. abrocketsfan

abrocketsfan Contributing Member

Our 29-9 record matches the 93-94 and 96-97 Rockets teams in terms of win count after 38 games. This is about as good as we've been in the regular season ever.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

18-2 over our last 20. Lol.

Cash Cam and Pen15clubber like this.
  15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If teams are figuring us out AND we're 18-2 in our last 20, then we are even better than we thought. It means teams know what we want to do and they cannot stop it.

Jatman20 and Pen15clubber like this.
  16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Agreed. And this is all being done without arguably our 2nd most important player in Capela. Our formula works, and a couple close games should dissuade that.

Mathloom likes this.
  17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Irt to my man Plowman's concerns, I would give our first rounder next year, plus any reasonable demands for a decent big man.

I think we could be this close to real contention for a ring, but OP and Smoothie's points are valid.

While a nice accomplishment, winning 60 games is not the goal here. In an eventual series against the Warriors, the Spurs and the Cavs, I want us to have at least an equal chance. I think we can all agree we are not there yet.

rocketsfan611 and Plowman like this.
  18. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

That is is what people were saying when the Warriors faced the
    Last night showed how to beat the Warriors, or how to beat the Rockets. The Grizzlies with two big guy and an elite point guard can win series, something like what the Spurs have. The X-factor is Nene, if he plays like he has been playing (shooting 58% FG which is awesome), we don't need anyone except for backups. He plays controllably, he is another reason why we have a one of the best seasons in a while. Capela, Harrell and Nene are good enough to hold it.

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Rox are 29-9 & have won 18 of the last 20 and people are STILL COMPLAINING!

UNFRIGGINBELIEVABLE!

Rocket River likes this.
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You don't get it. All you need to do is have Russell Westbrook shoot 80% for 3 quarters, score 49, have your bench make up a 14 point deficit in the 4th...and boom, you are in prime position.

Look for others to copy this formula with great success. Dark times ahead.