1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wendy Davis Once Sued Disney For Causing Her Mental Harm

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobmarley, Nov 7, 2013.

1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Misogyny is never appealing but to a small faction of insecure guys. I guess the Repubs are trying to wrap up that small corner of the vote early.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Couldn't have supporters who are middle-aged white, married males and females from the suburbs with children, too...amirite?

Keep that line of thinking. That's why Turn Texas Blue is working.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

lol it's working? How many statewide elections have the democrats won in Texas recently?

I'll await your answer.

4. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

The law would require upgrades to clinics most couldn't afford. It would have left less than ten open. That was the issue

5. Nook

Nook Member

I take it when your baby has been out of the womb for 3 months that you celebrate the one year birthday...

6. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

or supreme court/federal court justices enforcing the law of the land.

people need to stop with the melodramatic "deterioration of society" narrative as well, violent crime is declining and I could probably paint a direct correlational line between the release of goody Franklin GTA shoot-em-ups and general breakdown in "family values" and decline in violence. There's an even directer line in how families were enforced in the Middle Ages with how they are now.

also, same line with birth control and female educational attainment, as well as professional acheivement.

so get out there, read the laws of the country you live in, play violent video games, and be a general degenerate. you'll be doing good for society! lighten up, yeesh.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Considering how much crap the Disney Corporation has done, including frivolous lawsuits on their own, I say more power to Wendy Davis.

8. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know Greg Abbott is an attorney, right? Think every case he's had in his decades-long career has been morally-upstanding and free of criticism?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OhkmOThIySc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The fact that you give importance to an imaginary street fight between two politicians speaks plenty about your thought process.

10. FV Santiago

FV Santiago Member

Do you think that babies are magically created from nothing the day they exit the womb? Obviously that's foolish -- the baby is alive whether it is inside the womb or it is removed from the womb. You are aware that heartbeats are detected about 8 weeks into a pregnancy, I would hope. When you snuff out a heartbeat, you kill something. That's what Wendy Davis is arguing for the right do to, 3 months after the heartbeat is detected. It's grotesque.

And there are adoption outlets available for every single baby born in this country, if so required. I guarantee that churches would step forward and accept every single baby when a mother is considering an abortion.

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

herp derp

the law says so, therefore it must be true for all of eternity!

No wonder Canadians are still subjects of the Queen

1 person likes this.
  12. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

I think your efforts might be better served to medicating Justice Scalia, and possibly Thomas, to ensure their long lifespan and lucidity, and/or gaining a deeper understanding of the constitutional arguments that underpin the way laws are built around abortion in America. As it is, I see no avenue for change, and I'm sure you don't either. ;) Gets even bleaker without the SILENT ONE, and the ITALIAN ONE

FV simply forgot a key component of the fans of such measures in his stereotype-heavy analysis: some of the smartest legal minds on the planet, responsible for interpreting the law. oops.

#32 Northside Storm, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  13. conquistador#11

wow just wow.

what's the purpose?

as soon as the baby begins to grow needing pampers, food and you know money for food, you want to cut any funding or programs that help out a mother.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

btw, Hillary appreciates all the efforts to attack Wendy Davis. While Mrs. Davis is (and has always been) a long shot at best in the Texas gubernatorial race, attacking a popular female candidate will go a long way to attract even more women voters to the GOP. So thanks!!

15. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I am glad someone is fighting for the right to snuff out unwanted babies. We have enough humans on this planet as it is. We do not need unwanted babies.

You do realize that not everyone gets adopted, correct? You say churches would step up and take every baby whose mother was considering abortion, but I have seen some churches in favor of restricting adoption. Would you have a problem with a gay couple adopting these unwanted kids?

16. FV Santiago

FV Santiago Member

I would not have a problem with a gay couple adopting the babies if the choice were between death and adoption by a gay couple. I would much prefer the babies to be raised in a healthy family structure, with a supportive father and mother, however.

17. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Something tells me that you are full of it.

18. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Aren't you the humanitarian. LOL

19. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DEATH?

20. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Abbott is an extremely well know corporate water boy who has done well for himself by f**king injured workers, consumers and helping polluters, harassers etc.

Oh, that makes him a hero to the Tea Partiers as well as GOP evangelicals because he claims to be so Christian.

Now there are some relatively neutral disputes over contracts between businesses that he has undoubteldy been involved in, but I would like to see a big case where he actually helped some ailing individuals in a dispute with a corporation.