1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wemby’s Reaction To Rockets Not Getting 1st Pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RasaqBoi, May 17, 2023.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I mean all those things you mentioned have a bunch of wealthy people in sync forming cartel systems for each of their respective industries. Self-interest aligns.

The NBA has 30 separate individual corporations owned by separate wealthy scumbags. Rigging in this case means one wealthy scumbag is satisfied and a bunch of other wealthy scumbags are pissed off so I don't see it working in this case.

2. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

Why would the NBA rig for Wemby to go to the Spurs which has been universally the most boring team in the league. Even when they were winning, no one watched them. Spurs were so vanilla that Kawhi out of all people felt his brand was affected by playing in San Antonio which is one of the reasons he wanted out. Do you guys really think casuals are dying to watch the Spurs. He'll basically be the NBA version of Shohei and Connor McDavid. Like Giannis is superhuman and the Bucks aren't exactly must see TV in the regular season.

3. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Exactly this. The NBA power structure is why I believe it can't be rigged. Silver works for the owners not the other way around. He's the poorest guy in the room at every board of directors meeting. If Silver wants to rig the lottery guys like Tilman and Dan Gilbert have to approve and if he does it behind their backs he's gonna end up at the bottom of a lake. Just imagine screwing over 29 of your 30 bosses and seeing how well that goes.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  4. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Manure Bol was not exactly a high usage player.

B-Bob likes this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trade for Bol bol
    He will destroy Wemby

TimDuncanDonaut, Jontro and RasaqBoi like this.
  6. Ancient Moabite

he took the Evan Mobley advice/route, but included the owner and media created narrative to over convince himself

7. Harden2TheLine

With the history of our franchise, our idiot new coach and FO, maybe it's time we jumped over to the Spurs for a few years? I mean it's only a few hour drive to SA and they are going to be killer to watch

Jontro likes this.
  8. Harden2TheLine

We still have the Astros

Jontro and B-Bob like this.
  9. Harden2TheLine

Look how much fun they're having:

tinman likes this.
  10. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I hope one of SA's fatty ladies slips on a churro and rolls straight into his knees.

11. Ancient Moabite

Because they aren't really separate as we think they are, its like that motto, out of many but one(paraphrasing)

Just like how all the major to minor corporations / businesses all are under one giant hidden Railroad Trust, just a bunch of different names for the quasi wealthy company men to operate out of and feel quasi important

Its why J Jones said a while back he doesn't own the cowboys, he said he just operates the institution until they decide to replace him

If anything is scripted (rig), then they all have to fall in line and play their role ie shut up and play ball

beardsanity713, Stephen_A and Jontro like this.
  12. riko

riko Member

The likes of Bill Simmons and the media in general have been on the propaganda full drumbeat for a while now but the rockets on the court product hasn’t helped either

#172 riko, May 17, 2023
    Last edited: May 17, 2023
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

i mean, i would probably high five everyone too if i knew i wouldn’t play for the rox. except all 4 lottery teams aren’t really all that great either. in fact i need the nba to rig this and have a draft night trade for wemby’s mama to boston or golden state

14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yes I agree. Too much money involved.

15. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Not when there’s lucrative TV And licensing deals which are part of the revenue sharing structure. Everyone benefits from the NBA being a global game and expansion of the Euro market.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  16. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Did I watch the same video as everyone else? I’m not being sarcastic, but he didn’t look “happy” that the rockets got pick 4. It looked like a nervous smile after he shook his head. Like, “dang, one of my favorites off the board. At least SA is still in the mix.”

17. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Silas has done a horrid job on developing Jalen Green.

18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Huh? That’s not how the NBA business model works

19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Sounds like you're correct, you watched a different video.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Deep fake.;)