1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wemby’s Reaction To Rockets Not Getting 1st Pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RasaqBoi, May 17, 2023.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

double lol

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Stop wallowing in your own self pity, you p*****s.

It's time to work with what we have.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

what’s worse is if we suck and fans don’t show up he’s gonna use it as an excuse to move the team. Las Vegas Rockets
    Yes. The Rockets have a lot more talent on the team than the Spurs. The Rockets should be ashamed of themselves for not even being better than they were two years ago.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Mark my words: This guy will ALWAYS be injured. He might be the greatest hypothetical player ever.

Of course i don't wish anyone injury, and the league will be better with this hypothetical freak of nature healthy in NBA. However, there's not a terribly fantastic track record for guys with his frame, and height.

I wasn't really that upset last night honestly because I know drafting Wemby would have been a huge risk to him being another Zion type that you have to pay gobs of money to, and build around, yet they are never available to actually play basketball.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

2 years ago the Rockets had NBA vets with full rotation minutes. Last year every part of our 9 man rotation outside of Tate would be eligible for the NCAA D1 ball. All our starters were 22 or under. All our rotation bench players were 22 or under except Tate who himself is only a 3 year vet.

When will people realize that experience is more important than talent especially when your talent has literally no experience surrounding them.

6. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I never felt we would get Victor, so I've purposely not watched his videos or bought into his generational hype. He's in San Antonio now, a city I've lived in twice and a great rival of the Rockets. Let's build a team and culture that is the best in Texas.

Stone and Udoka have their work cut out for them, but we have some clay to mold, cap to spend and 2 new picks to use.

Let's see what Victor becomes, hype aside, health/longevity will determine in large part his mark on the West and the NBA.

Mathloom likes this.
  7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Nix needs to be serviceable for once and make sure Wemby lands on his foot

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

U escargot, snail eater!

conquistador#11 likes this.
  9. Garner

Garner Member

Don't think you can assume that (1) wemby's feed lines up with the draft feed and (2) he's not just interacting with someone in the room on something totally unrelated.

Par for the Clutchfans course, bunch of big victims in here.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Wimpy gun break over time

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Pretty funny league.

Chet Holmgren vs Wemby vs Zion

So much fun and so many DNPs

12. fchowd0311

Yup definitely a good chance this is a mere simple edit of a internet troll

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Yung-T, rockets1995 and Haymitch like this.
  14. berkowsk

berkowsk Member

actuall i can' t understand hype about this kid. ok he is long but he run away from asvel to a bottom deweller of french league after average european centers use him as a ragdoll at euro league and benched . also that centers was abused by sengun when he was 18.

15. Garner

Garner Member

Don't think you can assume that (1) wemby's feed lines up with the draft feed and (2) he's not just interacting with someone in the room on something totally unrelated.

Par for the Clutchfans course, bunch of big victims in here.

16. fchowd0311

I definitely don't want to root for an injury but if Wemby does become injury prone, he very well could be the nail in the coffin of NBA scouts ever valuing a athletic freak over 7'3" as a top prosect ever again. Like it would be over for that archetype to ever get hyped up again.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, Eva Longoria did ride it down to San Antonio......

18. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Lololololol

Organization is a joke
    3 yrs of losing and nothing to show for it
    Capspace for the win! We better sign the best free agent on the market aka Austin Reaves the GOAT!

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nope, same was said about fat Zion, same was said about thin Giannis, same was said about Porzingis, same was said about Chet!

Now this french dude.

They continue to draft them anyways.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It's infuriating too. I mean look at Anthony Davis who is Wolverine compared to Zion. The guy is amazing as we have seen this playoff series where he takes a lottery team, and suddenly they are competing for a championship just because he happens to be healthy right at this second.

So much talent in the NBA that on a night to night basis never plays. The league has to figure out what the heck is going on about the game that causes so many injuries, and what they can do better to bring guys in and make them durable.