1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Well, waddya know? Saddam really IS trying to build nukes...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by treeman, Jan 21, 2003.

1. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

I don't believe there is one country in the world with any semblance of an economy that is not at least researching Weapons of Mass destruction.

If we want Iraq for oil and other reasons, lets just let it be known and not beat around the bush looking for papers in peoples houses and for old empty missles in the desert.

I personally feel that an Iraq lead by an Iraqi pro-western group that opens the oil fields for ExxonMobil, Shell and the rest has benefits and i'm sure the population will benefit from having a strong economy. With all the oil that Iraq has, if it was infiltrated by US Oil companies then there would be more jobs and more benefits for Iraqi's. I think that Saddam and his little bunch of Monarchs and dictators have had their chance to get things right. But don't start screaming "they just hate our freedoms" when some people don't like having a US Satillite state and not having any true autonomy as a country.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

no we're not...we'll use very strategic weapons which minimize civilian casualties...weapons which we have invested billions in for the very purpose of reducing civilian casualties..we will attempt to force surrender by striking at the head, thereby reducing even iraqi military casualties...when saddam is gone, we will hopefully will seek to make life better for the iraqi people. we may very well begin humanitarian relief efforts in the midst of the war, just as we did in afghanistan.

amidst that, saddam will tell the world how we're bombing mosques and hospitals...

3. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

I agree....I just meant that its only a matter of time before we start the demolition of that rat hole.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

ok...fair enough...your post made it sound like you thought it was a good idea to annihiliate the iraqi people...i think khan got that same impression.

5. F.D. Khan

Actually Israel and Sharon has publicly stated that they would use Nuclear weapons if they were ever to lose a ground attack.
    And with the religious extremists in power over there, I'm sure it would take less of a reason.

And i'm sure we're worried about the genocide in Rwanda as well, and with that opinion what does that make us if we take his tactics?? I think you've watched too much CNN and too many Rambo movies with your "we are bombing Iraq into the next millenium garbage."

We are talking about men, women and children that are innocent.
    I don't think anyone is stating just to bomb a country to shreds that has never done a thing or raised a single bullet against the US ever in its history. If the US government wants free reign over the oil fields then fine, good bye to Saddam, they are already offering him immunity so he can live peacefully in Switzerland with his millions. Obviously we were only after Saddam right? :rolleyes:

I don't remember Bush or anyone else stating to blow a country into the next millenium or you're other silly statements.

Do you think we should kill every Iraqi in the country? That is what you are advocating.

6. F.D. Khan

So now you're calling Iraqi people "Rats". Quite the humanitarian :rolleyes:

7. NJRocket

Obviously the UN doesn't see this as a threat so why should I?

Sort of like the people in the WTC when all of this started huh? Or sort of like the people in Israeli pizza parlors etc that are blown up...only to have Sadaam pay the suicide bombers family a stipend

Wake up or move out....the Newspaper headline (the newspaper owned by Sadaam) that applauded the 9-11 attacks pretty much showed where we stand in Sadaams eyes

I advocate doing whatever is necessary to make the United States a safer place to live....I could give a rat's ass about life after a war in Iraq because I don't live there

8. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Good post, haven.

9. NJRocket

I think NYC is a rat hole too...but I'm not worried about being bombed by Mayor Bloomberg....Khan..you obviously have mistaken me for someone who cares if people dont like the way I think about the Iraqis...I dont.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I still find it hard to believe that truly kind people start iterating the bellicose rhetoric. Let's take your first sentence, Ref, and accept it as fact (even though I don't necessarily agree with it). Let's have a very cheap, non-deadly group of people who simply stay in Iraq and inspect sites from here to eternity. Nobody dies. Maybe Saddam hides some old crap, but he certainly can't be furthering his WMD program actively with a permanent set of inspectors there (yes, I know, they were expelled before, when he thought he could get away with expelling them).

I guess Treeman has been in combat (I'm not sure, but he seems proud of sitting on a tank or some such, so I'm guessing he has vet experience), but has anyone else here been in combat? Almost none of the people making the decisions have been. If you read thousands of years of literature and history, war is the absolute worst stain of the human condition -- something to be avoided at all costs, an absolute last resort. Of course people differ as to *when* the last resort kicks in, but most of the world feels adamently that we are nowhere near such a stage. If your friends and your family were in Iraq, praying for any option to avoid war, would you still type the message quoted above? If so I applaud your resolve. If not, I applaud your empathy and humanity. You win either way! :)

11. F.D. Khan

Israel has not been complying with UN resolutions for years, but any action against Israel gets vetoed by the US.

There has never been any connection EVER made between Al-Queda and Iraq.

I don't live there so you can kill everyone??? That is a great attitude to have. Quite the NJRocket diplomacy. Kill everyone because you don't live there. Brilliant.

I think you are too ignorant to realize that post-war Iraq is what the US is after in the first place and that we will reap the benefits of Iraqi oil and be EVEN More involved with that country. More Americans will be there after the war.

12. RocketBurrito

RocketBurrito Member

Anyone know why the inspector's can't go inspect Iraqi military units deployed out in the field? Wouldn't THEY be the ones in possessions of these weapons?

13. B-Bob

It is precisely this attitude that could assure our country a future of international hatred, that could assure our country an increasingly unsafe civic, public future at home, no matter home many rounds we fire abroad.

14. NJRocket

Yeah because there is no international hatred now right?:rolleyes: As for unsafe, my guess is that you don't live to close to ground zero do ya?

15. B-Bob

Read my post. I said "increasingly unsafe," friend. Yes, that means less safe in the future than at present. I lost people I knew in 9-11, so don't toss careless comments my way concerning ground zero. Thanks.

16. RocketBurrito

RocketBurrito Member

Again,

Anyone know why the inspector's can't go inspect Iraqi military units deployed out in the field? Wouldn't THEY be the ones in possessions of these weapons?

This makes the inspections pointless. Except for a few things they forgot or left to throw off inspectors, there's nothing to find the way they are doing it. The WMD are probably out w/ the field units that would use them & apparently they are off limits for inspection.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think a lot of the hatred has little or nothing to do with what the US actually does. I mean, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and other Middle Easter countries don't give a crap about human rights yet there is little hatred towards them.

I agree we should try to limit this hatred, but simply doing what everyone else wants is not the way. (I also dont agree that we should just leave Iraq).

I did notice that the countries we are not allied with- Iran, Iraq- have more pro-American sentiment than our "friends" like Saudi Arabia and Egypt. Maybe it's because we are propping up dictatorships, maybe it's because they are blaming us for their problems, maybe they are just abusing our aid, who knows.

18. F.D. Khan

Those tactics will increase the threat of terrorism and the tactics that you adhere to are the ones used by Israel which is why they have so much terrorism.

And once again: THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ANY LINK MADE BETWEEN IRAQ AND AL-QUEDA. Actually in the mid 1990's Saddam Hussein had a bounty on Osama's head and was one of the most secular leaders in the middle east.

I honestly just think you want as many muslims and/or arabs dead as possible. I know that you are Jewish and believe vehemently for Isreal but this attitude is why there is no peace between your people and the arabs.

19. NJRocket

I read your post thank you. I don't see how bombing Iraq is going to make our country anymore unsafe 5 years from now than it was on 9-11.

20. F.D. Khan

You run the risk of turning a few thousand Al-Queda into a million Iraqi's. Children growing up during an American invasion i'm sure will not hold the US to a high esteem when they get old enough to hate.