1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Well, there it is...........................

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Gascon, Jun 7, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Gascon

Gascon Member

Well, if anyone wanted proof that the NBA is rigging the playoffs.......you have it.

This is my last post.

Keep your NBA, I cannot feign interest in something with a predetermined outcome. If I wanted that, I'd watch the WWF.

It's been nice, fellas, but I'll have no more of it.

Have fun.

------------------
    Gascon

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly what, Gascon, about that last game makes you think that the NBA is predetermined?

Or are you too proud to come back and explain yourself further?

------------------
    CC.NET Sim League Web Page
    My Team (Sonics)

Runnin', Ravin', Endin', Out.

3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Don't go Gascon! Now Achebe, ZRB, or 95 know-it-all can go, but you stay here.

(just kidding to my 3 pals [​IMG] )

------------------
    Rarely is the question asked: Guns kill squirrels than REDRUM to fools across the nation?

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

It's amazing how some posters can claim an outright conspiracy (after an amazing game in which there was no room to even question officiating), but if I even imply that the Lakers get one break during the period of the game, the whole BBS would be all over me. Thanks for being equal everyone. [​IMG]

P.S. Shouldn't there be a Coach Gasson reference in here somewhere? [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!

Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

5. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Don't do it...you're one of the few INTELLIGENT posters on this board... [​IMG]

------------------
    Jazzkiller

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

ha!!!!

some proof.
    proof that you don't know how to predict the outcome of a game.

------------------
    fitter, happier more productive
    comfortable
    not drinking too much eating well (no more microwave dinners and saturated fats)
    sleeping well (no bad dreams)
    no paranoia
    fitter, healthier and more productive
    a pig
    in a cage
    on antibiotics

7. Steve_Francis_rules

I would have accepted this after Lakers/kings game 1, but after wednesday's game this is ridiculous.

------------------

8. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I think Gascan had Bad Gas. Lay up on the snacking while watching the Finals.

9. Gascon

Gascon Member

Okay, okay.....

After swallowing more than a little pride, I realize several things.

A) Posting while drunk really is a bad idea. [​IMG]

B) I should stop making outrageous predictions about the outcome of anything, much less sporting events effected by too many human variables. [​IMG]

C) When I'm wrong, I should simply admit it instead of acting like a baby and leaving in a melodramatic flourish like the post seen above. [​IMG]

D) This site, much like alcohol, is an addiciton...and admitting that is the first step to recovery. [​IMG]

With all of this in mind, I offer the following:

My name is Gascon, and I am addicted to Clutchcity.net.

The a$$hole Lakers, while being particularly talented a$$holes, are human and therefore beatable.

Any claim I've made in the past to the contrary is drivel and therefore not worth the memory it takes to store it.

Therefore, I offer a complete and utter retraction. I don't like being wrong...and you would certainly think that I would have had plenty of practice at it by now.

I hope the 76ers send the Lakers home crying to their mothers.

I always hoped as much. I just didn't think it was possible.

------------------
    Gascon

10. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

u no, it is empolrtant knot two psot wile drunk! Cuz if u do, it is bad, and not good. So, in cclonlcusion, I wood liek two say, don't post wile drunk. Eit is bnad, and knot good. Thanku, and Goondinte.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

It's back...

Protrolls.com!

11. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

I thought the officiating was pretty awful, and I was sober last night. The reason why Shaq had 8 blocks was because the refs would not call obvious fouls and goaltends. He "blocked" McCoullough like 4 times, and on at least 2 of those he just got the arm below the ball. How bout that no call goaltend? Even the NBC commentators said it was an obvious goaltend. Oh yeah, Shaq goes over Mutombo's back on EVERY darn play, not a single call. On the other hand, if any of the sixers attempt an offensive rebound (Hill) they get called for a loose ball foul when shaq flops out of bounds. The refs just dont let the sixers play defense as aggressively as they let the lakers. Fisher and Lue can manhandle Iverson, but if you even touch Kobe on a fadeaway move, its an automatic two shots. I love how fisher poked iverson in the face like 4 straight possessions, and Javie claims to not have seen it. Then, the same thing happens to Kobe, and he flops and stumbles, getting the call. What does AI have to do to get a call going to the basket? He would just get crushed by flying bodies, but the refs called nothing. HE ONLY HAD 4 FOUL SHOTS. This is the MVP, and he cant even get a call in the lakers house. Even when he is obviously tripped, the lakers still b**** about the call. I was watching the game with like 8 other people, and even my mother could see the biased calls. I just dont understand how some people can say that there is no room to question officiating in this game. Sure some of the calls may just be homecourt advantage, but i bet you anything they get the same calls on the road. That's my opinion on the officiating. Did anyone see it the same way i did?

------------------
    Hakeem, Hasaw, Haconquered.

12. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Yes, I've seen it that way. I just don't want to talk about it. The Sixers can and will win this series, despite the refs' attidude towards Shaq's "rebounding".

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

It's back...

Protrolls.com!

13. KD

KD Member

Yes.

Someday, someone will develop some referee robots/computers. And 20 years after the invention, NBA, if it is still there, will finally decide to use them to replace human referees.

How is this ever possible? Well, with popularization of interactive TVs and digitized arenas, fans will start voting off the "weakest link" referees realtime during a game. We can press a button on the remote give the worst referee an electric shock! Haha! Wouldn't that be great? [​IMG]

------------------