1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

We'll get a big trade!!!T-M,WADE,PISTONS...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ghostbusters, Jul 21, 2008.

?

For survey only...having no intention!!! JUST JOKING..

1. Agree this trade if possible??

38 vote(s)
    37.6%
  2. Not agree????

63 vote(s)
    62.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

It's about time for your mother to teach you some manners! :p

2. Ghostbusters

Ghostbusters Member

dude ... my mother did a good job...thx...
    when u wanna teach someone....u have to get your mother to teach you firstly....
    take a look the whole thing....who made this thing start!!!!!!
    OK????

i even made an apology......anyone would be angry by being reviled again and again with dirty words.......

3. Yak

Yak Member

Since this thread seems to be degrading at a rapid rate, I wanted to offer a new idea.

I found this interesting article that groups the 29 of the NBA teams into different categories based on their current and future positions. Guess who the "One" outcast team is?

Yep, the Rockets. The part on the Rockets is toward the bottom.

Link: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/40006-five-catergories-of-nba-teams-which-one-is-your-team-in

"There is one team that didn't make any of these lists, and that team is the Houston Rockets. I still don't know what to make of this team, but I can't put them in the same class with any of the other teams.

The problem with the Rockets is that their fans seem to be the only people around the NBA who think that Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming are franchise players.

Additionally, the roster is unbalanced, with a glut of point guards and very little depth up front. Yet they chose to go after Brent Barry, while taking their time in re-signing Carl Landry.

To make matters worse, they have to watch the Olympics with their fingers crossed, hoping that Yao doesn't suffer a setback or that Luis Scola doesn't choke on his hair.

Where this team ends up will be dependent upon whether they decide to extend McGrady in two years, let him walk, or trade him before then. Should they choose to re-sign him, they'll have very little wiggle room to improve the roster if he and Yao are making upwards of $40 million between them.

Even with the addition of Donte Green and Brent Barry, the Rockets are still not better than the Lakers, Hornets, Jazz, or Spurs, and could finish below the Blazers and/or the Suns in the Western Conference Playoffs.

I'm still extremely impressed by the winning streak they accomplished last year. But after winning 22 in a row, the Rockets finished the season 9-7, then lost to the Jazz in six games.

The Rockets are fooling themselves if they think they are closer to the team that won 22 in a row than they are to the team that lost half of their last 22 games."

Your thoughts?

4. Ghostbusters

Ghostbusters Member

is there any admin..????

PLZ...LOCK IT.......

lots pp are so rude........

Also...thx for those pp support this joking thread......

5. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

this thread became an epic flail

6. Possum

Possum Member

WTF!!! Cant believe this thread is still going. It reminds me of a wreck on the freeway. You cant go by it without looking at it.

7. zforrest

zforrest Member

You think we're stupid? No one buys that you made this thread as a "joke thread." Quit trying to cover up for your noobness. Either other posters instantly realized you were a rookie who shouldn't be making threads, or were also idiots to take this thread seriously.

(sorry to bump lol)

8. Carlos Nice

Carlos Nice Rookie

OMFG !!!!!

i'm suing that guy for coming in here and STEALING MY POSTS and publishing them for his article !!!!!!!!

i agree with every last word this guy says, except for signing Landry.

the Rockets are not good, they are not as good as a 22 game win streak would indicate, Yao and Tracy are not the answer, we are bleak when it comes to scorers and we need to do something about it ASAP.

i loved how he touched on the 22 game win streak. you have to proud of the guys who were a part of it and a fan it was exciting, but they went back to playing like the "good ol Rockets" going 9-7 and getting punished in the 1st round.

put this team in perspective - they are not competetive in the West and won't be unless we get some big names in here.

if you don't believe me, take a look back at the last 7 or 8 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.