1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Well done! Warrior Beat Jazz

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GKlutz, Apr 11, 2009.

Tags:
  1. wang69

wang69 Member

OK, the loss certainly made it more likely that jazz will end up 8th, but nothing is set yet. Hornet's final 3 games are against dallas, houston, and san antonio. There is a substantial chance that they will lose all 3, with the way they've been sucking lately and the fact that all 3 of those teams have something to play for. So let's not get too excited. If the hornets manage to turn away the mavs tomorrow, that would be another boost to the chances of jazz ending up 8th, but even then, it won't be certain because jazz hold the tie-breaker against hornets. what we do know though, is that mavs will very likely end up 6th or 7th. They have a winnable game against Minnesota at home left. (Although minnesota could pull a golden state and upset the mavs in that one too)

Anyway, however the bottom 3 seeds shake up, rockets goal should always be to win.

2. houston19519

houston19519 Member

lol... what was I thinking :D

3. houston19519

houston19519 Member

Yea I guess so, I'm worried about the Refs doing the games in Utah, I'm not scared to play them. :)

4. DaRrEnZhAnG

DaRrEnZhAnG Member

IMO, this is the worst news to the Rox to-day! :mad: :mad:
    Now, the J ass is 47-33. Fakers and a crap team are the last two of them.
    It means 49-33 is their best, considering Fakers has no hope for catching up with CLE.

NO is 48-32 now. No matter if they win 13 hrs later, 49 wins is their best record this season.

Jass has the tie breaker, so Jass is at least the 7 spot..

DAL share the same record as NO, so if they win in the afternoon, they will probally be the 6 spot. So, the first round playoff is Rox(2) VS Jass(7).
    If Dal lost to NO, so the Dal, NO, Jass are all 49-32. According to the tie breaker,
    6 Jass
    7 Dal
    8 NO

Dal is our first round opponet.

If we lose to Dal in April 15th, we will be the 5 spot against SAS or POR without the homecourt!!! :mad:

Could it be worse? :(

5. pondbear

pondbear Member

Hat off to Warriors!!

6. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Uh, you sure you got this right?

7. tsunami

tsunami Member

something wrong in your brain....

8. WALAWALA

WALAWALA Rookie

Salute to the Warriors. Beat Jazz at their home court, with only 7 players. 6'11" the tallest.

9. DaRrEnZhAnG

DaRrEnZhAnG Member

oh, yes? probably never right in your brain... :D

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not many teams have players taller than that. Confused...

11. DaRrEnZhAnG

DaRrEnZhAnG Member

100% right. any question of you?

12. somenobody

somenobody Member

Then we may meet Dallas in the 1st round. Is that good matchup for us?

13. archinkent

archinkent Member

why is 49 wins their best when they have 3 games left? :confused:

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

the only people worried about facing the Jazz are some spineless fans, I doubt very highly the Rockets players or coaches are worrying about the Jazz. They are professionals, the will play to win till the end and then prepare to face whoever the matchup is.

If you go into a game thinking you cant defeat an opponent...........you won't.

15. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

This is the only thing that matters in the Utah Vs LA game

Utah (Away), LA (Home)

Utah has no chance. Not because DWill's injury, nor Lakers resting their starters. Utah sucks unless it plays 8 on 5 games

16. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Yeah, the Hornets are 48-31 there, champ. Last time I checked, that means their best possible record is 51-31. Basic math fail.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I watched the game as well, and I'm pretty confident in saying it wasn't terribly officiated. It wasn't much worse than the average NBA game. The calls went both ways for the most part. I'm as glad as anyone that they lost, but I just didn't see it like that.

18. archinkent

archinkent Member

to get 2nd we need to win out, and that includes a win in dallas. the way theyre playing at home right now, its not gonna be easy

19. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

WAIT, Portland failing in LA.

20. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

It's obvious, Jerry Sloan's got some compromising photos of David Stern!

He's had them since '96 (it should be obvious since Malone bearhugged Barkley - and wasn't called for it, but Stern has his own refs (a la Donaghy & Bennie "Dict Arnold" Salvatore) - see the first round vs. Mavs a couple of years ago, however some of you may still be niave.

Yes, Finley wan't just out of bounds he was on the friggin' riverwalk practically playing for S.A. at that point.

Figured it would be obvious to most by now, but unfortunately congress hasn't caught on by now - they're still after Roger, Barry and some other unfortunate MLB players.

If a flop was considered the same as juicing - we'd likely have a couple of more Championships - or... if congress actually investigated the Utah Jazz for juicing (see Mailman, Boozer, etc.) we might have a couple more Championships.