1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Welcome To Obama's America] More riots, this time in Milwaukee

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Aug 13, 2016.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

and drag white people out of their car and beat them up.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Statement on the events of last evening &amp; early morning in Milwaukee: <a href="https://t.co/gVhCOUooyc" title="http://twitter.com/GovWalker/status/764884564250615808/photo/1" data-extended="[&quot;http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cp1qc6IXEAAdO7V.jpg&quot;,&quot;http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cp1qc6EW8AAmKFr.jpg&quot;]">pic.twitter.com/gVhCOUooyc</a></p>&mdash; Governor Walker (@GovWalker) <a href="https://twitter.com/GovWalker/status/764884564250615808" data-datetime="2016-08-14T18:01:05+00:00">August 14, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Unfortunately, this is the problem....

You see this as a propaganda, but those who live in this situation see this as an issue. Now should they raid and burn down the town? No... But unfortunately they`re angry and feel like they don`t have a choice; sinice a lot of people like yourself who are in control and see no issues with what is going on.

t_man

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well damn, Bobby says none of it is legitimate so there goes that. He's realized it as propaganda, he's lived in every area of the USA and can speak for all people. Problem solved.

By the way, MLK never supported riots. So he'd never justify it. What he did was explain to people why they were happening. What's so funny about this is that then people thought those issues were imaginary too.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I see it as propaganda due to the lack of legitimate examples being shown. Nearly every time we see instances of what is being claimed as police brutality or the police "murdering" black people, it ends up being either an outright lie or highly exaggerated for propaganda purposes. If there really are rampant examples of police brutality against black people or police "murdering" black people, the BLM types have done black people a terrible disservice by always highlighting false examples to completely ruin any credibility that "movement" might have had otherwise.

Unfortunately what I see is a bunch of people who are "angry" with no legitimate cause, basically nothing more than Trump supporters.

1 person likes this.
  6. T_Man

The problem is this....

In some instances the officers have been in the right with with violence or protection. But in many instances that has not been the case.... There is no trust on either side... The trust is harder in th black community because police harassment has been going on for years.

But unfortunately a lot of people don't believe this, because there is no documentation. Well the problem is there and until people recognize this and try to come together and fix this issue it's going to get worst....

This is not a clinton or obama issue.... This is an american issue... This has been going since the 40's.

t_man

7. Granville

Granville Member

No the problem is..... In almost every high profile incident the black community has cried wolf. It's an Obama issue since he has contributed to the wolf cry and refuses to admit the incidents where the black community uproar was wrong.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The issue is that outside of the possible exception in Minnesota, when has one of these instances been a case where the officers were wrong? You say "in many instances".....where are these instances and why aren't those the instances that people are talking about instead of BS like the Micheal Brown
    case?

It's very true that there is a "trust" problem, but a lot of that is based on propaganda that has been given credibility by the president despite the fact that the propaganda is almost entirely based on lies and wild exaggerations. That's the only reason Obama is part of the problem. Like an idiot, he ran his mouth recklessly after WAY too many incidents that were nothing more than BS once all of the information got out there.

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Yawn. You still think you have something with that quote, but you don't. You continually link to it yet you always take it out of context. All you can do is post it and then cuss a bunch and get frustrated. I in no way intended what you wrote.

Le sigh

10. T_Man

Who are these people going to run too for help? The police? No way they are going to run to the main people that are doing them harm..

I am from the black community and i have seen, witness and been harrassed by the police because of the color of my skin... And NO it was not documented, so does that mean that it didn't happen? does it mean that it was a propaganda?

Bobby have you ever been harrassed because of the color of your skin?

The issues with the police has been long there befor obama... if this is the case we can blame both bush's, clinton, nixon and definitely Regan....

T_Man

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

that was typed on purpose but you're too dense to even realize

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They are never going to listen, no matter who it comes from. Even when Rick Perry talks about it, Rand Paul, whoever. At least these guys pretend to listen, if only more Conservatives were like them. They think it is about a few incidents, a Trayvon Martin, Mike Brown, Eric Garner, Tamir Rice, whoever.

They think it is something recent when it isn't or think it's only about police shootings or it should just be ignored.

They are never going to listen because they quite plainly don't want to. Don't even bring up stats or figures or reports, they will all be dismissed in favor of "Well...I don't think they have any problems. There."

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Again, that's just a paranoid comment based on believing the propaganda. Black people DO run to cops for help literally every day and they get that help literally every day. The "main" people that are doing them harm are those who are attempting to poison their minds with that ridiculous narrative.

I can't say if it happened or not, I do know a lot of times people THINK that they are being harassed due to the color of their skin when in reality that's not the reason. If it happened, that sucks, but that doesn't make any of the national cases that have had people in the streets more legitimate and it doesn't mean that cops are out to get you.

Sure, but I didn't let it distort my entire world view. People are sometimes dicks, it happens. That doesn't mean you convince yourself that the world is out to get you.

Most people who have a problem with police have that problem because they don't like getting caught breaking the law. Most issues are related to that these days, yet that won't stop people from pretending that the world is out to get them and that the cops are a bunch of racists.

Trust me, I've probably had more negative interactions with police than you have in my life and I'm by no means a fan of the police, but I just can't go along with people when they go full r****d with the conspiracy theories or when they defend scumbags who are guilty.

1 person likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

.....which is why I didn't respond to the OP, but you are too dense to even realize that.

The problem is when every instance people point to ends up being BS it kills the credibility of the people constantly crying wolf. Some legitimate cases would REALLY help your cause if they ever happen.

15. T_Man

This is by far the best comments you have had...

I am not condemning the idiots..... but you also have idiots on both side's that are making it harded for everyone...

T_Man

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

So these conditions, existence of widespread poverty, slums, and of tragic conniptions in schools and other areas of life, all of these things have brought about a great deal of despair, and a great deal of desperation. A great deal of disappointment and even bitterness in the Negro communities. And today all of our cities confront huge problems. All of our cities are potentially powder kegs as a result of the continued existence of these conditions. Many in moments of anger, many in moments of deep bitterness engage in riots.

Let me say as I've always said, and I will always continue to say, that riots are socially destructive and self-defeating. I'm still convinced that nonviolence is the most potent weapon available to oppressed people in their struggle for freedom and justice. I feel that violence will only create more social problems than they will solve. That in a real sense it is impracticable for the Negro to even think of mounting a violent revolution in the United States. So I will continue to condemn riots, and continue to say to my brothers and sisters that this is not the way. And continue to affirm that there is another way.

But at the same time, it is as necessary for me to be as vigorous in condemning the conditions which cause persons to feel that they must engage in riotous activities as it is for me to condemn riots. I think America must see that riots do not develop out of thin air. Certain conditions continue to exist in our society which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality, and humanity. And so in a real sense our nation's summers of riots are caused by our nation's winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. Social justice and progress are the absolute guarantors of riot prevention.
    - MLK 1967

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, that's not what these riots are about. You should listen to MLK since you quote him and seems you have trouble understanding what his message was. Yes he was against violence but he understood that riots were an act of frustration because of people who felt disenfranchised. This isn't about a guy getting shot.

Your only response is to blame Obama - for everything. He didn't create the decades upon decades of backwardness. He is not the one who is blocking any kind of reform - it's your beloved right-wing congress. If you want to know who inflames the situation - it's people like Trump and people like you who act like blacks are lower forms of human beings.

Again, you don't have much understanding of why people are angry.

Nothing justifies a riot. But there are issues here. You can choose to ignore them, and use police force to suppress, but ultimately things are going to keep exploding.

18. jsingles

jsingles Member

You desperately need to seek medical attention. Your brain is severely r****ded and in need of help. Please, for the sake of school age children in your neighborhood, you need to go to the hospital. I don't want to wake up one day and hear about someone like you on the news for all the wrong reasons.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This incident is going to be a major turning point for the Trump campaign.

20. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Milwaukee police chief says the officer "acted lawfully". Do we really need a DOJ investigation after every head-line police shooting?

[rQUOTEr]Officer's shooting of suspect that sparked Milwaukee riot appears lawful: police

A Milwaukee policeman whose fatal shooting of a suspect sparked overnight rioting in the U.S. Midwestern city appeared to have acted lawfully after the man turned toward him with a gun in his hand, Police Chief Edward Flynn said on Sunday.

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker activated the state's National Guard in case of more violence in response to the death of Sylville K. Smith, 23, who was shot while trying to flee from an officer who had stopped his car on Saturday.

In a scene Mayor Tom Barrett described as “unlike anything I have seen in my adult life in this city,” crowds gathered after the shooting and then turned violent during the night in the city's Sherman Park neighborhood.

Gunshots were fired, six businesses were destroyed by fire and police cars damaged before calm was restored in the neighborhood, which has a reputation for poverty and crime.

Seventeen people were arrested in the disturbances, Flynn said. Four police officers were treated for injuries and released from hospitals.

Flynn, appearing at a news conference with Barrett, said the officer who fired the fatal shot was black and media reports also identified Smith as black.

He said a silent video of the incident appeared to show the officer acting within lawful bounds in shooting Smith. Flynn said the video from the officer's body camera showed Smith turning toward the officer with a gun in his hand.

Flynn said the officer stopped Smith’s vehicle because he was behaving suspiciously and then had to chase him several dozen feet on foot into an enclosed space between two houses.

He said the moment when the officer fired his weapon could not be determined because the audio was delayed.

“I’m looking at a silent movie that doesn’t necessarily tell me everything that will come out in a thorough investigation,” Flynn said. “You know the fog of war. You know first reports are frequently wrong or slightly off.

“I know what I saw. Based on what I saw, didn’t hear, don’t know what the autopsy results are going to be, he certainly appeared to be within lawful bounds,” Flynn said of the officer.

The mayor told the news conference that Smith did not drop the gun as ordered before he was shot.

Smith had a lengthy arrest record, Barrett said, and officials said earlier he was carrying a stolen handgun loaded with 23 rounds of ammunition when stopped for unspecified "suspicious activity."

Police presence in Sherman Park was low on Sunday afternoon, with some residents milling around and others cleaning up debris. But officials were planning for what might come.

Walker announced the National Guard activation after a request from Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke, who met with Walker and Wisconsin National Guard Adjutant General Donald Dunbar.

Barrett said the Guard would not be deployed unless police requested it.

VIOLENCE AND UNREST

Police violence against black men and women has set off intermittent, sometimes violent protests in U.S. cities including Ferguson, Missouri, Baltimore, New York, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and St. Anthony, Minnesota, in the past two years.

The outrage has given rise to the Black Lives Matter movement and touched off a national debate over race and policing in the United States.

There also have been deadly ambushes of police this summer. Five officers were slain by a sniper in Dallas in July as they provided security at an otherwise peaceful protest of police killings. Three officers were killed by a gunman in Baton Rouge less than two weeks later.

Policing in Milwaukee has been under scrutiny since 2014 when Dontre Hamilton, a mentally ill unarmed black man, was fatally shot in a park by a white officer, an incident that sparked largely peaceful protests. No state or federal charges were pursued but the U.S. Justice Department started a review of the police department's policies, practices and accountability system.

Coalition for Justice, formed by Hamilton's family after his death, said on Facebook the rioting following Saturday's shooting was "a demand for justice on every level" in what it called "one of the most segregated cities in the United States."

Police were called to Sherman Park in June after reports of residents throwing rocks, bricks and bottles at a bus and a business.

The National Guard, which is under the dual control of the federal and state governments, was deployed in Ferguson in August 2014 after several nights of rioting over the police killing of an unarmed black man.

[/rQUOTEr]