1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Welcome to Houston Carl's Jr.!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ryan17wagner, Jan 7, 2009.

1. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

From the Houston Business Journal comes news that burger franchise Carl's Jr. will be opening over 100 stores in Texas, with several planned for the Houston area. Although it's not yet known how many Carl's Jr.'s will be opened or where they'll be located, hamburger enthusiasts are already starting to salivate.

Aside from their purposely ostentatious menu items -- such as their Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger with onion rings underneath the patties and their Guacamole Bacon Six Dollar Burger which weighs in at 1,140 calories and 85 grams of fat -- Carl's Jr. is also known for their flamboyant and hilarious commercials. So while we wait for the good folks at Hardee's to decide which lucky corner of Houston will get that first Carls' Jr., let's have a look back at some of their best commercials throughout the years.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/eating/2009/01/carls_jr_coming_to_a_corner_an.php

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OuNCMYKViN4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OuNCMYKViN4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GgBpfP5jn8Y&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GgBpfP5jn8Y&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e7GnrZnl9BM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e7GnrZnl9BM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

sweet. lets have another hamburger argument deathmatch throwdown.

3. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

they are opening one in Cedar Park (suburb of austin).
    When I went to LA, i had their jalapeno Six Dollar Burger.
    It was great. I think its better than Whataburger.

But for a local joint in Austin, I like PTerry's. They use angus beef and their fries are fresh cut.

4. surrender

surrender Member

OM NOM NOM NOM

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

i was talking to some of my friends after i met you that day and telling them some of the food places you had checked out in la and they were telling me that the 6 dollar burger out here was 3 bucks at first and now it is 6 bucks.

inflation is a b**** isnt?

6. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Woo! Time to gain some weight!

7. mic

mic Member

Oh hell yes!!!

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I just wish Braum's would move into the houston area

9. Asian Sensation

Gross. Carl's was good about 5 years ago but I think they've changed their meat since then. The burger has the consistency of a boca burger and it even tastes like it has soy or something in it. I live out in the NW where the only fast food burger joints exist are BK lounge, Micky D, Wendys, Jack in da Crack and Carls JR for the main ones. CJ's is by far the least popular and rightfully so. If Whataburger is as good as some of you Texans claim and you have places like Five guys and other various good burger joints than you will soon see how not good CJ's really is.

10. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Member

I went to one in Cali a long time ago.

This thread is no good! FOCUS on the weight loss thread. NO HAMBURGERS! FOCUS. FOCUS. :D

11. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

i prefer five guys in rosenburg. delicious! :D

12. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

The Heavy?

13. Baqui99

Baqui99 Member

This is absolutlely right. There are much better burger options for those of yall in Texas.

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I'm surprised its not the Hardees brand as that would be more regional.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Good point. I doubt the models in the Carl's Jr ads ever eat a 6 dollar burger.

16. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

They just put one in across the street from me in South Austin. Also put one in down in San Marcos.

I used to go when I was in California but In-and-Out Burger is way better by far.

17. Blake

Blake Member

someone wake me up when we get a Fatburger

18. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

JALAPENO CHICKEN BURGER!!! THE BEST CHICKEN SANDWICH EVER... I WISH WE HAD SOME CARL'S JR IN NEW YORK.. SIGH..

19. updawg

updawg Member

I drove past that one last night and it was insanely packed. It cracks me up that people flock to a grand opening of a fast food place. the same thing happened when they opened taco bueno.

20. Asian Sensation

I don't understand this either. It happened here in Portland when Krispy Kremes opened the line was literally a mile long. Then Popeyes, Sonic, five guys burger and soon el pollo loco.