1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Welcome Home Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Went 6/8 in that video, 75%.

I remember someone saying that if a player doesn't hit at least 75% of his 3s in practice, they won't make it in the NBA, barring the hyper athletic bigmen with 50% career FT%.

cbs1507 likes this.
  2. onreego

onreego Member

His balance hand is really bothering me...

KelvinCato13 likes this.
  3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Thon is pillow soft and always has been. I doubt Morey ever had serious interest.

topfive likes this.
  4. Know Your Role

I still remember waking up that morning and seeing the ESPN bottom line list 'Injuries: Landry, Carl: Gunshot' or something close to that.

5. s3ts

s3ts Member

Bruh, i remember the GARM at the time, nobody had anything negative to say about Landry after having being shot and having his teeth taken out by Dirk's elbow.

How does that even work w/ your teammates? Calf strain hurt like a B but you know that ain't **** compared to Landry coming off that bench. LOL.

napalm06 likes this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

sirjesse likes this.
  7. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Yes, Landry caught a back hand from Boozer and lost teeth.

naldodiaz likes this.
  8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Maybe, maybe, Morey had interest in Thon Maker at the draft. Just like he did have interest in Ricky Rubio at the draft. But it doesn't mean he's been holding a torch for either one since. If he's moved on, why don't you?

topfive likes this.
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Sounds like a lot of you bums are still mad about the stomping.

DaDakota likes this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

This is soooo awesome - I am sure most missed it...but well played sir, well played.

DD

coachbadlee likes this.
  11. basketballholic

I moved on long ago. I'm not the one that brings Thon up.

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

When exactly was TJones' and the other guy's 10-day signed? If it was on February 21st (day it was announced), the 10 days would be up on Sunday.

Is this when we'll find out what Morey does with Danuel House?

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think it was on the 21st, yeah. Since, there's been 4 games. In those 4 games, he has a combined total minutes played of 1. And he's 0-1 from the field, with no other recorded stats.

What helps Jones, is Faried's injury. Even if he doesn't ball out on Sunday against the Celtics, I don't think the Rockets will have a choice in resigning Jones or not.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

They each can be signed to another 10-day.

Further: @BimaThug has tweeted that Morey can walk the 10-days (signing others) all the way to March 24th when House can be recalled at even less salary than a 10-day.

lols, you know that’s gonna happen.

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  15. bj3175

bj3175 Member

This is Shrewd by Morey no doubt this is going to happen. Business wise it makes total since but it just doesn't make basketball since because MDA isnt going to know how to use everybody in respects to team Chemistry and rotations

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Not to mention Paul can’t even rest on b2b and Harden has to play 44 minutes to beat scrub teams, after the undermanned team with three unused roster spots (4 is we count Jurassic Nene) goes down 21 pts in the 3rd Q.

slothy420 and pippendagimp like this.
  17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You "moved on", meaning you admit you were completely wrong?

topfive likes this.
  18. Normalus

Normalus Member

We are D-Mo's sweat short from Championship now!

19. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I expect the Rockets to allow both Jones's and Chiozza's 10-day contracts to expire on March 3 without renewing them for another 10-day...yet.

The team would then have up to ANOTHER 14 days to meet the league's minimum roster requirements, at which point (March 17), barring the signing of a TBD buyout guy, the Rockets could sign two more guys (or re-up with Jones and/or Chiozza) for another 10-day contract running from March 17 through March 26.

The team could then REPEAT this process (going back down to 12 players from March 27 through April 8). In the meantime, they can recall Danuel House on March 24 on his two-way contract, and he'll be able to play for the Rockets without counting against the cap/tax (although he would not be playoff-eligible unless/until he's converted to an NBA contract by April 9).

THEN, before they play their season finale on April 9, the Rockets could fill out their roster with 1-2 guys signed to "3-year deals" (the remainder of this year the two seasons beyond that), non-guaranteed, using a tiny portion of the MLE.

AND, if he's willing to play ball and if Capela has, in fact, missed out on both of his individual incentives, the Rockets could offer Danuel House about $750k of the MLE for one game's worth of work IF he'll agree to play for the vet minimum (~$1.65M) next season.

The Rockets can do all of this and still stay (barely) under the luxury tax threshold.

xaos, freckleslol, Deuce and 11 others like this.
  20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Wow, so complicated. Thanks as always Bima.

TheRealAllpro likes this.