1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Welcome back, Troy Daniels

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AndySwanny, Jul 14, 2014.

1. afk

afk Member

Highlight of the off-season, so far. :)

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm expecting 12-15 points a game from Troy Daniels. He should be the primary back up for Harden and play some spot minutes with Harden where Harden is the primary ball handler.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Dude's a gamer. Don't see any reason he can't get 2-4 3's a game for us, and his defense wasn't awful, so that's a plus. Very much looking forward to him this season.

4. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Definitely, he can be our Dell Curry. That guy came in to play a little defense and just run around screens to get his shot off. The problem was in the playoffs and with McHale, we did not run any plays for the guy. Especially when he was on the court with Harden, he did not get the ball and it was basically time wasted. He should definitely be first off the bench with the second unit, help Harden get some rest too.

5. cdastros

cdastros Member

He will replace J Lin's production off the bench.

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

That won't be difficult

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Points yes, but not assists or steals.

8. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

And hopefully not turnovers either.

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

Or turnovers, hopefully.

Daniels isn't "replacing" Lin....he's a completely different player, and one that we really haven't had for a long time.

To me, Beverley and Daniels are 2/4ths of a very good bench in the playoffs. We still need a backup wing and a backup big, which will hopefully emerge from a group of Papanikolaou, Adrien, Dorsey and DMo. Also need to improve our starters at PG and PF.

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Assists and steals will happen more due to less turnovers creating more possessions.

11. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

lins assists? what about when he would go into the lane and make a bad pass?

or the many steals that he didn't get because he was gambling?

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I didn't realize he was that tall. Draft Express has him listed at 6'3.75" without shoes. His "with shoes" height is two inches taller (he must have those Tom Cruise lifts). That's legit (although on the small side size) for an NBA SG. For some reason I thought he was 6'2".

I think he can give this team 9-10 ppg if given 20 minutes a game. I also think he will be a better defender than Lin is based on his effort and tenacity. He isn't going to be a stopper on defense but I can definitely see him coming in and disrupting opposing SG for a time by giving them a different look than Harden or even Ariza. He can get all up in someone's chest a little bit like Bev does and not gas out due to his limited minutes.

13. sergio

sergio Member

I'm hoping he becomes a long term Rocket. Someone who will grow on the team and become a fan favorite. I see him as a Derick Fisher type player.

14. cdastros

cdastros Member

He reminds me of a less athletic jj reddick.