1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Welcome back, Mr. Lowry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Naija Texan, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I'm not one of those posters that constantly go about saying Lowry is the greatest PG the team has had in ten years, or that he will be the team's savior as a starter over Ariza. But lost in the Joey Dorsey hype, is the return of one of our better players and the bench leader, young Mr. Kyle Lowry.

Seriously, didn't expect to see Kyle when I tuned into the game tonight, but there he was. I guess we have ourselves a tiny little iron man in him.

2. devilsdandruff

only a sprained ankle.
    nothing serious.

welcome back.

3. choujie

choujie Member

Lowry missed two games, Rockets bench had two bad games in a row.
    Lowry comes back, bench outplayed the starters again with the addition of Dorsy.

4. Omer

Omer Member

Sprained KNEE...a lot more serious than an ankle usually.

5. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

Glad he's back

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

We take Lowry for granted far too often. I hope he doesn't leave us during the offseason. If we can't find a superstar PG then he is the perfect backup to Brooks.

Now, if we can get Chris Paul that's a different story! :cool: :p

7. KLow7控

KLow7控 Member

I miss you so much! Man, welcome!

8. matthappy

matthappy Member

welcome back,kyle.

keep going rox!!!!

9. hugeforest

hugeforest New Member

Kyle lowy add more energy to this team. Welcome back.

10. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Kyle should be our future starting PG, maybe starting next year.

11. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Yeah, I agree!!....specially if the rockets get more weapons, and brooks can take on a Jason terry role of the bench and compete with Carl for six man of the yr.

--RB

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's great to see him back.

13. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

Great to see him back as well last night :). I didn't know what to think at the time when we got him, but the Brooks/Lowry combo is really paying dividends this year!

14. LifeisButaDream

As much is we love lowry here.i still think he's very underrated around the nba.he should on the all defensive teams too.

15. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I don't think Brooks will go back to the bench, not on this team actually.

Either he stays the starter or Morey trades him, but it would probably kill him to have to come back off the bench again, and he'd probably ask for a trade.

16. LifeisButaDream

If i was RA i would use this year without yao to see what lowry could do as a starter.if rondo can start why not lowry.

17. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Its always nice to read another poster from another team talk about the Rockets when its good thing.

"went to the game last night, was pretty terrible. I havent read all the pages of this thread, but a few thoughts from the game:

1) Conely still sucks, bad. He had several TO's that were not caused by the Rockets, just dribbling it off his foot and stuff. Also, Lowry made the strong argument that he probably came out of the infamous PG locked room. He was everything Conley wasnt, aggressive on both ends, helped get their offense going, getting into the lane and dishing to the bigs for easy buckets. hell he even D'ed up OJ mayo for a while, and did so successfully. Conley moaped around after getting his rear handed to him, dragging his butt back to the bench, etc etc. i was sitting only about 20 feet from CW, it took all I had to not yelling something along the lines of "Can we get this sac out of here soon??"

2) Thabeet looks even more unfortunate in person, he has ZERO hands/touch. None. Nada. Zip. He needs the D-league. He is not getting touches he needs in practice. I dont care if its inferior competition, he needs to get experience handling the ball.

3) Rudy was still in his funk. Seemed to be more worried about the Super Bowl tomorrow or something, just no interested in the game at hand.

4) Chase Budinger is a nice player. in fact, the Rockets bench is really good. No drop off whatsoever. Granted, that has to do with them having no super star type player starting, but I love that they can have 3 bench players in at once and have no drop off in D or offensive production.

5) Rick Adelmen should get some COY votes. they play so disciplined. "

http://boards.grizzliesonline.com/index.php?showtopic=9039&st=400&start=400 Post 410

Feels good reading it doesn't it?